What's Your Favourite Brewing Program?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS Brewing

Reaction score
I was fed up with having to be online all the time I wanted to know or work out some brewing formula and then try and convert gallons to litres, pounds to Kilograms etc. So I decided to try and write my own in VB6 concentrating on what's needed for the basic Aussie K & K home brewer then add to it as I learn and progress along the way to one day hopefuly doing a full all grain brew.
I'm hoping it to be an on going project when I have the free time and welcome any comments and idea about what the basic brewer needs to progress and learn to become a Master Brewer. :chug:
I've made up a simple webpage where the on-going BETA Home Brewing calculator will be freely available to download and I hope to be updating it when I find new/better formulas or ideas to add or edit.

If you are interested click on the link. :beer:
http://members.datafast.net.au/~cam51/homebrew/homebrew.htm

BS Brewing

Well I might be biased but my response to the topic is Brewsta.

I was too.
So I created my own Brewing Intranet.

Temp Control of the brewery, Infusion Temp Calcs, Colour Conversoins, Hops AAU to grams, Alpha Acid Hop Substitution Calcs, Starter Wort Clacs, OG Calcs, Yeast Attenutation Calcs, and BU:GU Ratio Calc.

Been thinking of making it an Extranet, but haven't got it on the todo list yet.

Doc

DoctorsOrdersTools.JPG

Since I'm not an IT sort of guy, my favourite brewing programme is Promash.

Cheers.

For me, I am using QBrew... about the only thing which I have found which is designed to run under Linux.

Yes - I know Sos, Brewsta should work, but I cannot get WXPython to run with Debian, so that is not an option at the moment.

dreamboat

You're allowed to be bias...we all have our favourite, nothing wrong with that.
Writing it is more of a learning process for me as it forces me to research and understand the formulas, so a bias feedback is OK as it tells me to look at Brewsta which I already have and like it.
It seems to be a bit more advance for the K&K someone just starting to learn. Any feed back is good as it tells me what to look for and what others would like to see in a program.

I'm no programmer and definitely not a graphic artist so I just make it functional and if it helps other while I'm learning thats great.

BS Brewing :beer:

Jagungal, it's written in VB6 if you dont have the runtime library they are free to download from MS or a search with google will find them if not I can send them to you I think they are about a MB.

BS Brewing said:
Jagungal, it's written in VB6 if you dont have the runtime library they are free to download from MS or a search with google will find them if not I can send them to you I think they are about a MB.
[post="116403"][/post]​

I know about VB .. being in Linux at the moment I haven't tried it. Might have a quick look sometime when running XP.

Your doing well for someone that can't program then.

I have been using beersmith with Wine. However, I am starting to move everything to Brewsta. I like "Free Software" and Brewsta is cross platform so I can use it on my Linux machine, my BSD machines and even on win32 when I have to use it.

I'm LOVING Beer Alchemy (Mac OSX) and the programmer is a top bloke as well.
He's very responsive to feedback with his updates.
http://www.kentplacesoftware.com
It's that good I paid for it.
(thanks for the tip Pedro)

Latest posts

Back