Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that you mention it we have had a couple bad kegs of abotts come in at our local. Take one sip and you know something isn't right. So they just send the keg back full of shit beer.

The 'real ales' tend to be quite sensitive over here travelling short distances so a trip down under, well, you'll be lucky to get it close to the intended article (kegs that is) but for the record Greene King do struggle to produce ales that taste of anything anyway.
And to the previous poster mentioning the many bland ales about, that is an unfortunate side effect of one major factor being the escalating beer duty calculated on ABV, a lot of breweries have reduced alcohol in their beers to maintain profit margin without increasing price and in one instance, a local brewery has mentioned government pressure to reduce ABV in one of their higher strength beers, because that's what the alcos and kids are drinking apparently (sure they are...)
Sub 4% beers are becoming the norm here on tap and while you can find some very nice ales out and about, there's just not enough flavour for my own personal taste (hopping the shit out of it doesn't help either *cough* Wild Swan *cough*)

ShadyLady.jpg

glad someone listed that piece of crap

TUBORG: rotten grass, taste like the smell of the yellow grass after the slippery dip tarps been on top of it for a week.

Aw mate, I've had many an enjoyable evening with some 'Tubes". It was really cheap bottled in my area while I was at university. But I've only had it bottled, so if you had it in draught form I couldn't comment.

I read that it is basically Carlsberg Export bottled differently, don't know how much truth there is to that!

Just been given this from a work colleague for christmas (along with some other things).

This would have to be the worst ******* thing i've ever consumed in my life. Very confused beverage. I dunno if it's trying to be a softdrink or a beer, or a cider, or a bowl of fruit.

Absolutely horrible.

photo__1_.JPG

I was 17 yrs old and tried to neck a warm Brisbane Bitter. Desperate days

Yeah Miller Chill is ******* terrible. I have a mate who drinks it, and when I'm over his place and he offers it to me my stock response is, 'well, why don't I just drink out of the toilet?' Its pretty much the only beer I'll flat out refuse to drink.

Tooheys GOLD. Always thought that 30 cans for 20 dollars was too good to be true, turns out it always was!!!!

I was in Mexico earlier this year for a work trip. At the resort they have Corona on tap, naturally. The taps face you and you pour your own as everything is all inclusive.

They have Corona light as we get here in the bottle and Corona dark.

The light i can drink, but the dark is absolutely horrible. Its like mix between the light and used motor oil

Bare Cove Radler is sweet sickly shit, that is only intentionally drunk by men who insert foreign objects into their sphincters.

At least we know know why you're reviewing it tonight.

Just been given this from a work colleague for christmas (along with some other things).

This would have to be the worst ******* thing i've ever consumed in my life. Very confused beverage. I dunno if it's trying to be a softdrink or a beer, or a cider, or a bowl of fruit.

Absolutely horrible.

View attachment 59521
I just happen to have a pic from a certain club,*cough*melbourne brewers *cough*, xmas barbie last weekend,where one of the lucky winners in the lucky beer dip recieved one;and the poor fella *cough* Andy D *cough* had to drink it warm .Twas a sight to behold :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back