Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have posted before about xxxx Summer Blight.....

work Xmas party today, secret santa....a metal Ned Kelly, not bad, whats its holding, you ******* guessed it,

xxxx Summer Blight....merry fucken xmas.

WORST!

1/. COORS LIGHT

2/. CLOSE SECOND - ROLLING ROCK.

There's some great beers over there, but the bad ones are like you've never tasted before or ever want to again

-=Steve=-

Could it be any worse than Hammer and Tongs?

I consider H n T to be the worst brew by a large margin

Yuck
HammerTongs300.jpg

I thought VB was the worst thing 've ever put in my mouth but 4 PINES struggle for consistancy and produce some really bad beers

Tinny have you been to the brew pub at manly ? Their bottles have been heard to be hit n miss but their place had great beer on tap last time I was there a few month ago . Maybe the good ol bad handling thing most Aussie micros have to deal with ?

Yeh! the pub is great but the 3 times I've been there the beer was dish water.
Very disappointing considering the price was through the roof.
I did find the bottled beer slightly better.
I recommend Murry's around the corner.

One of the Millers beers that was Pineapple flavoured would be close...
To be honest though some of the worst beers I have had are highly rated around the world that didn't travel well to NZ.
After falling in love with Brewdog 2011 (current) Punk IPA it is shit house by quality now. In some cases I would go mega over that.

Can one of the mods please merge this and the "VB Champion Beer" thread.

TIA

Samuel Adams Summer Ale.
I don't know if it was off but all i could taste was sickly sweet lemon

That and a can of Red Dog that we literally dug up.

TUBORG: rotten grass, taste like the smell of the yellow grass after the slippery dip tarps been on top of it for a week.

After a trip to the UK earlier this year,I found a contender for Tennants Super as the worst I've tried,Greene King Abbot Ale.The first ale I tried there,JD Wetherspoons at Heathrow,it was truly BAAAAD ! A higher alcohol heat that made me gag,nearly solvent like.Can't work out how the beer rate sites give it rave reviews.Apparently this high alcohol heat is in a few ales there,possibly to give the drinker/vomiter the impression they're getting more alcohol for their 3 quid.Quite a few ales there were bland and almost tasteless,but this was just foul muck.

After a trip to the UK earlier this year,I found a contender for Tennants Super as the worst I've tried,Greene King Abbot Ale.The first ale I tried there,JD Wetherspoons at Heathrow,it was truly BAAAAD ! A higher alcohol heat that made me gag,nearly solvent like.Can't work out how the beer rate sites give it rave reviews.Apparently this high alcohol heat is in a few ales there,possibly to give the drinker/vomiter the impression they're getting more alcohol for their 3 quid.Quite a few ales there were bland and almost tasteless,but this was just foul muck.

Are you also saying that abbots ale is one of the worst? If so I got to go to the uk. When's abbotts is the worst beer **** everything else must amazing.

Anyone for Melbourne Bitter or Bare cove radler? I could be as broke as a church mouse and still wouldn't be paid to drink that.

I was given a free carton of fosters while still a student. I couldn't drink it, my mates couldn't drink it. How bad must a beer be if students can't drink it?

Fosters in UK/Europe however was better, presumably a different beer.

Are you also saying that abbots ale is one of the worst? If so I got to go to the uk. When's abbotts is the worst beer **** everything else must amazing.
Yep,the one I had at Wetherspoons ,Heathrow airport was a foul pint;not infected or anything,just a very hot, higher alcohol heat.Not totally undrinkable,but it was forced down and made me shudder.The BJCP style guidelines for English Pale Ales mention this added 'flavour addition' and now I see what they mean.I was in Somerset,tried about 20 or so ales on tap,some 'CAMRA' award winners ,and the VAST majority were very,very,very,very,bland by our standard.Exmoor was the local drop,and it was a quite decent session ale,not groundbreaking,but an easy quaffer.Had better luck in Scotland though.. :D

Yep,the one I had at Wetherspoons ,Heathrow airport was a foul pint;not infected or anything,just a very hot, higher alcohol heat.Not totally undrinkable,but it was forced down and made me shudder.The BJCP style guidelines for English Pale Ales mention this added 'flavour addition' and now I see what they mean.I was in Somerset,tried about 20 or so ales on tap,some 'CAMRA' award winners ,and the VAST majority were very,very,very,very,bland by our standard.Exmoor was the local drop,and it was a quite decent session ale,not groundbreaking,but an easy quaffer.Had better luck in Scotland though.. :D

An intersesting and, no doubt slighty dissapointing trip to the old dart! But nevertheless, an eye opener. In Australia we knock the shit out of our mega swill breweries - the *TWO* majors, in USA they do the same and it seems (from your ponderings) that in England we would do the same.

Proves that most average folk are NOT like us keen brewers and are as happy with just moderately flavoured and hopped beers, lagers or ales.

I personally don't have a problem with that and even 'tip my hat' to the mega swill brewers for producing a beer that appeals to the masses and getting that unreal level of consistency.

my take -=Steve=-

An intersesting and, no doubt slighty dissapointing trip to the old dart! But nevertheless, an eye opener. In Australia we knock the shit out of our mega swill breweries - the *TWO* majors, in USA they do the same and it seems (from your ponderings) that in England we would do the same.

Proves that most average folk are NOT like us keen brewers and are as happy with just moderately flavoured and hopped beers, lagers or ales.

I personally don't have a problem with that and even 'tip my hat' to the mega swill brewers for producing a beer that appeals to the masses and getting that unreal level of consistency.

my take -=Steve=-

Yup, we'd have no comparison without them.

Now that you mention it we have had a couple bad kegs of abotts come in at our local. Take one sip and you know something isn't right. So they just send the keg back full of shit beer.

Back