Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monteith's Summer Ale - horrible. Worst than my first attempts at cans of goo to be honest

Red Oak Organic Pale Ale. Though the 6 pack i bought was clearly infected (gushing, sour background taste) so maybe that doesn't count.

Worst beer I was ever served..

Was in a trendy bar in Newtown - Sydney with some mates, no really good beer options, so the beer order went like this, and these were on tap, and right in front of the barmaid. (Sorry it's the saddest beer order of all time)

Cold, (Carlton Cold)
VB
ICE, (Light ICE)

I was not watching when she poured the beer, but what I saw when she gave it to me was a Beer glass full of beer & ICE??

I said what is that?

She said in the most serious tone, "what you asked for, cold VB with ice". Then, when I tried to explain that was not what I ordered she called the manager.

Obviously not a good place to drink beer!

Fear_n_loath

there is no worst beer, just that some taste better than others ;)
I know what you mean,but look at the original post,ooooh yes there is ;) 454142937_0e7489e19a_m.jpg

I know what you mean,but look at the original post,ooooh yes there is ;) View attachment 45028

Ahhh party beer of my youth. Why party beer? I could carry enough around to get me p!ssed. Maybe I should have gone to more 'upmarket' places where you could put your beer down without it a)getting nicked or b)getting p!ssed in. Seem to remember something about bottles of Thunderbird aswell?.

AH, the point, worst beer, A high % Black and tan I've done for xmas. Out of the fermenter it tasted like (and the hole point of this drivel) Tennants Super.

G

A beer (if you could call it that) by the name of Dutch Gold, sold in cans in Ireland for around 5euro for a 4pack and is the grog of preference for local deros. Someone handed me a glass full at a party once had a taste asked what it was "it's dutch gold" my reply, "dutch piss more like it".

Also not a fan of the matilda bay bohemian pilsner, fowl drop if there ever was one.

Aaron

Ahhh party beer of my youth. Why party beer? I could carry enough around to get me p!ssed. Maybe I should have gone to more 'upmarket' places where you could put your beer down without it a)getting nicked or b)getting p!ssed in. Seem to remember something about bottles of Thunderbird aswell?.

AH, the point, worst beer, A high % Black and tan I've done for xmas. Out of the fermenter it tasted like (and the hole point of this drivel) Tennants Super.

G
Consider painting your house,if it's anything like Tennants Super,it'd make great paint stripper or drain cleaner,foul muck,esters ,phenolics,fusels.. :icon_vomit:

Monteith's Summer Ale - horrible. Worst than my first attempts at cans of goo to be honest

Red Oak Organic Pale Ale. Though the 6 pack i bought was clearly infected (gushing, sour background taste) so maybe that doesn't count.

I was going to say the same thing - Red Oak Organic Pale Ale. Mine was gushing and super-sour to the point where not a single bottle could be finished. I even emailed them to tell them that I had received an infected batch. Their response: Must be the distributor's fault, take it back to where you got it from. Lost a customer forever that day. And now I see reports all over the net of people getting infected Organic Pale Ale's from Red Oak. Fail

Phillips Gingerbeer in Canada. It's not ginger beer, it's ginger infused, unidentifiable ale. A waste of an otherwise average ale and a stain on the name of gingerbeer.

I'd have to support some of the sentiments that tenants super has it's place. When you're unemployed and trying to party, that stuff's the ticket. Drink a 4 pack and you're ready for some brawling and pub crawling.

i had a redoak summer lager the other day, absolutely rubbish, i couldnt finish it. smelled like wet old lady bits.

in fact anything from redoak taps appears to be pretty ordinary of late. but the old english ale was pretty good.

montieth summer ale is rubbish

I was in the states and on the menu they had "gay pride beer", I ordered one and have never forgotten the taste.
I shudder to recall.
Next worst was Pabst ice or something, found a 24 can case in a supermarket for $5, although as we were poor travelers at the time we drank it all..... it got much better after the first 6 :icon_vomit:

xxxx summer bright......**** me

SOLBREW, Bikpela man :icon_vomit: ....or San migel in manila..fermaldihide(sp) yeeaahhhhhh... :blink: :blink:

i had a redoak summer lager the other day, absolutely rubbish, i couldnt finish it. smelled like wet old lady bits.

in fact anything from redoak taps appears to be pretty ordinary of late. but the old english ale was pretty good.

Interesting that no-one rates redoak - last time I was in Sydney on holidays (a few years ago now) we had dinner at the brewery and everything was pretty good... Maybe its they're bottling process? :unsure:

Back