What's the best addition to your brewery?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temp controlled fridge drastically improved the quality of my brews.

Building a keg fridge and kissing goodbye to bottle cleaning (with the odd exception) easily the biggest time saver and coolest thing I've done in the world of home-brewing. Can't beat it.

In order of acquisition...

Temp controlled fridge
Kegs
Keezer with more taps than my kegerator
Starsan
Single tier rig
BIAB bag
Pulley hoist for the above bag

There's equally as many duds in my brewery that never get used.

I'm going to say that the best must have to be the latest.

In my case a SS 1/2" T piece and a ball valve now means I can prime my pump without removing any hoses.

Had a few, which at the time of purchase, each seemed pretty unbeatable, but picking up a 2nd hand 50l Braumeister is really going to take some beating.

A wine fridge, my first effortb for temp control, slightly dodgy though it is. Massive difference to my beers.

There are an awful lot of things, as above, knowledge and the basic stuff you need to make beer and ferment at temp.

But, I think the grain mill added another dimension in allowing the choice of a recipe at short notice and allowing buying bulk grains.

My old electric boat winch was useless for the boat so tried to sell it on gumtree for $50 but no luck sat on shelf in shed for 2 years now its a biab hoist complete with cabled remote control.

Going electric! No more running around filling gas bottles on brew day.
Transfer pump. Magnetic drive. Saves the back!
Basic stc 1000 to control mash temps
Recirculation.

My first pot with a valve on the bottom to do a BIAB brew.........From there I have full temp controll,electric,kegs etc etc etc..........7 fridges/freezers wife wants to know how she married a hoarder...

I would have to say going electric, no more worrying about running out of gas. By far the best things I have ever bought were my Hermit controller and coil. Also going back to my grass roots of brewing BIAB and having lots of fun with it.

osprey brewday said:
My old electric boat winch was useless for the boat so tried to sell it on gumtree for $50 but no luck sat on shelf in shed for 2 years now its a biab hoist complete with cabled remote control.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1435387593.407079.jpg

This is another great little repurposed
Device its from a kids car seat a seatbelt retainer makes a great biab bag closure even lift from it 50 lt batch similar to kitchen ones just bigger and thickerImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1435387828.191401.jpg as u can see just enjoying a p for porter

osprey brewday said:
Device its from a kids car seat a seatbelt retainer makes a great biab bag closure even lift from it 50 lt batch similar to kitchen ones just bigger and thicker
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1435387828.191401.jpg as u can see just enjoying a p for porter
I have thrown a few of those out.
Never once thought of that idea.
Good one !

+1 for the tough 5L measuring jug...Although from memory it wasn't cheap, it was a great investment. I use it constantly, for water transfer, wort transfer, recirc, cleanup...even good for scooping out grain from the brew barrels. It's amazing how often you need one of these suckers...I've got a good mind to buy another one..

osprey brewday said:
Device its from a kids car seat a seatbelt retainer makes a great biab bag closure even lift from it 50 lt batch similar to kitchen ones just bigger and thicker
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1435387828.191401.jpg as u can see just enjoying a p for porter
Excuse me, but you appear to have my sons "red thing". My 9 year old son has been playing with that thing for about 3.5 years. It's anything and everything, it's hard to explain what he does with it but he opens and closes it and makes sounds. Sometimes it's a dinosaur sometimes it's a bird. It's quite amazing really.

First thing he grabs when he wakes, and we are fucked if he ever loses it. Until now :). Best news all day, I can get a new one :)

Latest posts

Back