Whats On Tap At The Platform Bar - Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coopers Vintage On Tap at Platform now too, it's 2010.

This afternoon (before closing at 3 for a private function) the taplist looked like this:

Coopers Dark
Coopers Vntage 2010
James Squire IPA
Nior Stout
Koz Pale
Montieth's Crushed Apple Cider

And, get ready to run out and get one of these...

Hahn's Superdry!

Might have time for a swift one on the way to a function in Brissy tomorrow if it's open ... It's a typically average looking line-up as always when i'm in town :rolleyes:

EDIT: Cripes - Superdry, wow I missed that - hope they haven't run out!

Sad news for platform.

Matt, the driving force behind the great beers on tap is leaving the bar. :(

Hoping this is not the beginning of the end for good beer in the CBD.

This Friday they tell me they will be running all their taps with Bridge Road brews and I have heard they have a heap of Rogue kegs to use up too.

2 of the staff are passionate about craft beer but not sure management is, wait and see i guess......

Oh that's sweet and sour. I'll be swinging by there briefly tomorrow arvo so looking forward to a few pints, but tempered to hear that good staff are leaving. :unsure:

Oh that's fooking typical!

I tried to go last saturday and the staff in the Grand Central next door said it is only opened for functions <_<

Oh that's fooking typical!

I tried to go last saturday and the staff in the Grand Central next door said it is only opened for functions <_<

I fear it will only get worse.....

Looks like Archive will get more business if it goes down that path

I hope so, but the archive taps are never that exciting, if archive improve then it might be a good alternative.

I hope so, but the archive taps are never that exciting, if archive improve then it might be a good alternative.

+1 million.

They really need another four taps so they can keep the boring stuff on all the time for the boring people, and rotate some exciting stuff. I don't like paying top dollar for bottled beer.

Sad news for platform.

Matt, the driving force behind the great beers on tap is leaving the bar. :(

Hoping this is not the beginning of the end for good beer in the CBD.

This Friday they tell me they will be running all their taps with Bridge Road brews and I have heard they have a heap of Rogue kegs to use up too.

2 of the staff are passionate about craft beer but not sure management is, wait and see i guess......

Oh crap, Matt has been a good supporter of the craftbrewing scene - as has the Platform Bar. Hope that they continue to be. Bridge Road & Rouge eh, might have to venture into town.

I'm not sure what this might mean for QABC?? Hopefully it is still at the Platform Bar.

The problem with Archive is they only do Australian craft brews. Whilst there are certainly a number of great Aussie drops out there the locations we can get kegs of international craft beer in Brisbane are severely limited.

Sad to see him go. Would love to hit the Bridge Roads.

That said, I will hope the place sticks with it. They have done fair over the time the Brewhouse was closed.

What is Matt planning on doing? Open a new craft & import beer bar somewhere?

Can't edit for some reason. This site doesn't seem to do well with Forefox on a mac.

I don't see it as a problem that Archive does only Aussie Craft Brew. I think it's great!

I don't think it's a problem as long as the Platform continues to source craft brews from all over the place.

As much as I love a glass of LCPA, burleigh hef or white rabbit, it is nice to get some meantime or mikkeller off the tap every now and then.

It's a real shame Matt is leaving. It's his last day today, I might duck down there for a Bridge Rd & get the low down on what he is up to.

It's a real shame Matt is leaving. It's his last day today, I might duck down there for a Bridge Rd & get the low down on what he is up to.

I might try a sneak down for a few wee drops after finishing brewing this arvo. :drinks:

Shame to hear Matt's leaving. With any luck, hopefully it's on to bigger and better beer things for Brisbane! I'll be heading in at some point tonight too.

Cheers,
tallie

It's all happening at platform! the BR's are on!

Latest posts

Back