Whats On Tap At The Platform Bar - Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sunshine Coast ESB is fantastic... highly impressed!

Looking forward to trying the Tomahawk... might head down for a couple tonight :)

Wow, there's obviously a bit of mis-communication about the pricing, as a couple of weeks ago, the Mikkeller Y on tap was $6 a glass, and a single hop IPA bottle cost me $12. Looks like I came out $2 in front that night! B)

Cheers,
Kris.

They quite often give the mikeller for $6, you just need to look for the new person who hasn't been trained.....drink quickly and re order from the same person!

Wow, there's obviously a bit of mis-communication about the pricing, as a couple of weeks ago, the Mikkeller Y on tap was $6 a glass, and a single hop IPA bottle cost me $12. Looks like I came out $2 in front that night! B)

Cheers,
Kris.

A mate was at Platform Bar the other day an said the Mikkeller was $9. $11 each at Nectar, West End.

Yesterday arvo:

Stone & Wood Draught Ale
Hoegaarden
Erdinger Wiessbier
Little Creatures Pale Ale
Stone & Wood Pale Lager
Little Creatures Rogers
Sunshine Coast Rye ESB
Mikeller Tomahawk IPA
Had the SC Rye ESB ... lovely stuff!

Brewdog's Zeitgeist is on tap. One of my favorite beers.......could be here a while

Taps as of tonight:

S&W Draught Ale
S&W Pale Lager
LC Pale Ale
LC Rogers
Hoegaarden
Erdinger Wiessbier
Sunny Coast Rye ESB
Brewdog Zeitgeist

Brewdog's Zeitgeist is on tap. One of my favorite beers.......could be here a while

I had one of those last night too, bloody awesome and the best beer there as well.

I had a Mikkeller single hop IPA last night but forgot to ask what hop was used. Anyone have an idea?

Taps as of tonight:

S&W Draught Ale
S&W Pale Lager
LC Pale Ale
LC Rogers
Hoegaarden
Erdinger Wiessbier
Sunny Coast Rye ESB
Brewdog Zeitgeist

I think this is the list on now, had the 77 and SC Rye. IMO the 77 is not as good as out of the bottle, not as malty and the hops seem to be more floral and fruity, not worth $9 ........

S&W Draught Ale
S&W Pale Lager
LC Pale Ale
Burliegh Hef
Hoegaarden
Erdinger Wiessbier
Sunny Coast Rye ESB
Brewdog 77 Lager

Had a nice quiet lunch at the Platform yesterday arvo.
Enjoyed the SC ESB, and a Stone & Wood Draught.
Tap-list was still the same as what WSC posted.

Topped the day off with an Alpha Pale and a Sierra Nevada Pale at the 5th Element. SWMBO likes their vodka, lime, & soda and was drooling over some 2004 Barossa reds.

I missed out on the Zeitgeist!! So annoyed... it dissappeared pretty quickly!

Had the 77 Lager instead - it was OK, nothing spectacular. The SC ESB is much better, so I had another couple of those instead :p

quote "Had the 77 Lager instead - it was OK, nothing spectacular."

Tell me a lager that you've had in the last ten years that was spectacular? :(

HD

Touche HowlingDog - to be honest I was expecting nothing from the 77 and received exactly that.

ESB is out, and they had a few spare taps.

I guess one is for Malt Runner tonight, the others had Burleigh hef, both S&W, Hoegaarden, 77 lager, Dogbolter (which was the pick for me).

Dogbolter is a nice brew. Did like the SC-ESB, & was glad to get a few while it was on tap. You can get bottles of it at Archive.

As for lagers, Brisbane Brewing's Schwarz Dark Lager is quite good, and I loved the Roslyn Brewing's Dark Lager when I lived nearby.

Just went in for lunch and they also have LCPA, Punk IPA has replaced the 77 lager ($9 still) I got a sneaky pre-taste of the malt runner.....it is malty, can't tast alot of cherry in the small sample I had, probably build as you drink it. Pretty good drop I reckon......served too cold due to the tap system. My tip is to order one first and leave it on the table, drink another beer and then try the malt runner.

That's $9 for the 'schmiddy' goblet?

May be curious enough for one if they still have any today, and if they're open today, etc...

That's $9 for the 'schmiddy' goblet?

May be curious enough for one if they still have any today, and if they're open today, etc...

That's for the schmiddy.

I'm going in for a Malt Runner at some stage today.

I should have headed up there. Instead I opted to go to West End. I only had time to go one way or another. Chose wrong. Found both Archive and Nectar closed. So, I returned to South Bank and had a few Alphas at the 5th Element before returning home.

Just got this email.

Back Alley Beer Club - this Friday

They say that every cloud has a silver lining and I can now believe that.

Late last year, one of the breweries I regard as one of the finest in the world - Quebec's Unibroue Brewery - announced they were no longer shipping beer beyond North America. This was devastating news for lovers of beers such as La Fin du Monde and Trois Pistoles. However, Unibroue's former importers replaced them with another Canadian brewery, Dieu du ciel.

These beers come highly recommended and are causing great excitement amongst beer lovers world wide, but I have been holding off sampling them until we could get them for the Back Alley Beer Club. We have them and will be trying them this Friday. Please come along and join us and see if they live up to their very high expectations.

Beers we will be sampling:

Aphrodisiaque (Cocoa and vanilla stout) 6.5% abv
Black ale with aromas and flavours of vanilla, dark chocolate, bourbon and roasted malt.

Dernire Volont (Last will) Blond Abbey-style beer 6.5%abv
Dernire volont (French for "Last Will") is a mix of Belgian and English brewing traditions.

Pch Mortel (Mortal Sin) Imperial coffee stout 9.5% abv
Pch Mortel (French for "Mortal Sin") is an intensely black and dense beer with very pronounced roasted flavours.

Route des pices (Spice route) Peppercorn rye beer - 5% abv
Routes des pices (French for "Spice Route") is a rye beer brewed with both black and green peppercorns.

Rose d'hibiscus (Pinkish Hibiscus) Hibiscus flower Wit 5% abv
Rose d'Hibiscus is a soft spoken wheat beer.

When:
Friday, 28 May. 5.30pm for 6pm

Where:
Dining Car, Grand Central Hotel

Cost:
$20, includes beer on arrival, samples and nibbles

Bookings:
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back