Whats On Tap At The Platform Bar - Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to Brisbane! That's why I home brew.

I was having a few in the bar next door, the barmaid said the Duty manager could get some brews from the platform bar, I said great, and she got the menu. Duty manager then couldn't be bothered B?tch

Brisbane really is far behind when it comes to hospitality. Really sucks.

Brisbane really is far behind when it comes to hospitality. Really sucks.

It is bad when you are getting smashed by places like Adelaide........even Darwin probably has a better pub culture!!

Below is a chunk of an email from Grand Central.
Starting Thursday April 1st at 4.00pm and running across the Easter weekend you'll have the chance to sample a range of the latest beers from Mikkeller before anyone else in Australia. Well tap the first two kegs at 4pm and keep tapping them across the weekend until they run out.

What: IPA-a-looza 2

When: 4pm Thursday 1st April. Beer available in bottle throughout the weekend, tap beers rotating over the weekend.
Easter opening hours: Closed Good Friday. Open Easter Saturday from Midday. Open Easter Sunday from Midday.

Cost: Thursday $20 gets you 2 schmiddys of anything on tap on Thursday plus a tasting plate of foodand a sampler of something special we can find!
Otherwise turn up at other times and enjoy!

The Tap Beers that will feature: (Never before in Oz ON TAP)

Single Hop Amarillo

Single Hop Tomahawk

Single Hop Simcoe

Stateside IPA

Beer Geek Breakfast

Y Pale

Cream Ale

SINGLE HOP BOTTLES

Single Hop Amarillo (Never before in Oz)

Single Hop Tomahawk (Never before in Oz)

Single Hop Simcoe

Single Hop Warrior

Single Hop Cascade (Never before in Oz)

Single Hop Nugget (Never before in Oz)

Single Hop Chinook (Never before in Oz)

Single Hop Centennial (Never before in Oz)

Single Hop East Kent Goldgings (Never before in Oz)

Single Hop Nelson Sauvin

Looks like a good reason to stay home this Easter B)

Do you have to sign up for the $20 deal or just rock up?

Finally the platform bar gets it right...in a BIG way!!

Below is a chunk of an email from Grand Central.

Looks like a good reason to stay home this Easter B)

Do you have to sign up for the $20 deal or just rock up?

Finally the platform bar gets it right...in a BIG way!!

Just give them a ring.

I'll be there from 1pm Thursday, pickup arranged for 11pm - Should be a great night :party:
Pretty sure we'll have the Beer Geek Breakfast & the Stateside IPA on tap & they'll be a few other surprises being poured during the night.

anyone else heading in?

Cheers Ross

I'll be there from 1pm Thursday, pickup arranged for 11pm - Should be a great night :party:
Pretty sure we'll have the Beer Geek Breakfast & the Stateside IPA on tap & they'll be a few other surprises being poured during the night.

anyone else heading in?

Cheers Ross
I am. I won't be there quite as early as you though Ross...

I am. I won't be there quite as early as you though Ross...

LOL - I'm helping get it all set up... someone has to check the kegs are up to scratch before they go on sale B)

Cheers Ross

LOL - I'm helping get it all set up... someone has to check the kegs are up to scratch before they go on sale B)

Cheers Ross

Wow, what a tough job, but somebody has to do it. :rolleyes:

God damn why does this have to be on the Thursday I'm heading out of town!?! Sounds like the best beer list in Brisbane I'll ever miss out on. :angry:

anyone else heading in?

Cheers Ross

Flup! Ross, you'll be speaking in wing dings by the time I escape the sweat shop :eek:

Thinking of dropping in for some before Jeff Beck at the Tiv... :rolleyes:

Beers on tap between now and 4pm:

Standouts:
Chris Moss APA
Belgium Blonde - by a BABBs member - sorry mate can't remember your name.
3 Ravens 55
S&W Lager and Draught
Others as per usual.

Looking forward to dropping by hopefully at 4pm ish

MIkkeler stateside ipa on tap at the moment. No idea how far that makes them into their stock. Now for a bottle of the EKG ipa then off to the newfangled brewhouse. And no malt shovel beers on tap. Thats a first.

Back