Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren photoshops most of his photo's anyway..... :lol:
That said i'm sure he could atleast produce full strength VB.. :p

Sparkling Ale styled beer to usher in the weekend.

Good brewin' folks. :beerbang:

dsc01957wv5.jpg

Warren -

taking this thread and myself to a new low!

i plucked my finest crystal glass from the liquor cabinet, for the tasting of this bad boy!

it's like an explosion of non-flavor with no aroma, high clarity, zero head retention, zero malt or hop character, body is minimal to non-existent, mouth feel has a high carbonic bite or slight stinging on the end of tongue. drinkability and overall impression: 0 out of 10 :p

Do you know how long its been since i had a good spew.

A loooooooooong time.

I just dry reached.

I certanly will not be ever trying this.

I like how they made the label yellow...... do ya recon they are trying to copy something.

I dont mind the XXXX gold if im at the pub abd driving, at least it holds a head and had a little taste.

cheers

Do you know how long its been since i had a good spew.

A loooooooooong time.

I just dry reached.

I certanly will not be ever trying this.

I like how they made the label yellow...... do ya recon they are trying to copy something.

I dont mind the XXXX gold if im at the pub abd driving, at least it holds a head and had a little taste.

cheers

I am with you Tony,I can drink a gold if need be but a VB......never,it's one of Australia's worst.

Batz

I had VB once too. After a visit to the clinic it stopped hurting when I had to piss. :D

InCider.

I am with you Tony,I can drink a gold if need be but a VB......never,it's one of Australia's worst.

Batz

I can clearly remember my one & only session with VB.
My cousin from Proserpine had been going grape picking in Victoria for a number of years (Off-season from the cane farm) & met & married a Vic sheila.
Being now addicted to this catpiss he thought it a matter of no concern to bring it around to my place on his way back on 5-2-1971. How in the bloody hell can I forget that date? :ph34r: Never again!
vomit-4.gif

Sorry about this you Victorian brewers. :(

:beer:

PS. --- Poor ******* still drinks it.

Sorry about this you Victorian brewers. :(

No offence taken Pete. It tastes just as crap within bull's roar of the brewery as it does after 4 days of transport north!

PS. Those new, yellow VB labels remind me of bile. Not good.

bavlager.JPG

K&K Coopers Bavarian Lager.

Bought for me by a mate.

Six weeks in the keg.

After the first taste I now remember why I stopped buying this kit.

Frogman.

blend.JPG

Frogmans Blend:

Keg that contains all the little bits from all my batches for the past three months.
A little cloudy from adding two extras this morning.
Always suprised just how good this keg of beer is.

FROGMAN

A Bastardised version of Ducatiboy Stu's Pillar of Stout...(used Us-56)

I have never been a big fan of stouts but this has twisted my arm and near clean snapped it off.

I can down about 3 in a row and then thats stout overload..a couple of pilz or Golden ales later i'm back into the stout for another round..

Very nice...i thought this was gunna be a beer that sat in the keg untill the seal perished and pissed it out all over the floor...but looks like it will be me pissing it all over the floor instead... :lol:

stout_small.jpg

Sqyre... ;)

It's Beer! NS of the correct style as I gave up caring about that ages ago, I suppose it would be a Dortmunder if anything.

Great beer, goes down easily!

Grains: German Pilsner Malt, Flaked Rice & Melanoidin.
Hops: Saaz & Hallertauer
Yeast: Copenhagen Lager Yeast.
IBU: 25.1
ABV: 4.3 %

12052007_beer.jpg

stout.JPG

ESB 3KG stout kit.
Brewed 30/06/2006.
Still a little left.
Gonna miss it when it runs out.
Was fairly rough when first kegged.
After 9 months smooth as silk.

FROGMAN

A Bastardised version of Ducatiboy Stu's Pillar of Stout...(used Us-56)

I have never been a big fan of stouts but this has twisted my arm and near clean snapped it off.

I can down about 3 in a row and then thats stout overload..a couple of pilz or Golden ales later i'm back into the stout for another round..

Very nice...i thought this was gunna be a beer that sat in the keg untill the seal perished and pissed it out all over the floor...but looks like it will be me pissing it all over the floor instead... :lol:

View attachment 12588

Sqyre... ;)

Its a very nice Stout that one...Glad I have converted someone to the joys of Stout

Looks like any of a thousand different beers, but there is no mistaking the taste of this Burton-on-Housatonic clone from the BYO mag. Very tasty indeed.

burton.JPG

cheers

Browndog

No pic tonight but Im making my way through a few pints of rye AIPA that just picked up 1st in class and reserve champion beer in the Ipswich show :)

congradulations Jye.

How much rye did you use?

cheers

again no pic but i just dealt to a bottle of my #2 all grain ale ... very nice i must say ... will have to knock that one up in a 23 litre batch now i have facility to make more than 12 ltrs...

No pic tonight but Im making my way through a few pints of rye AIPA that just picked up 1st in class and reserve champion beer in the Ipswich show :)

Well done Jye, I took my missus and young bloke to the Ipswich show on saturday and got talking to the folks running the beer and wine judging, saw Bonj there too. You will have some competition next year buddy, can't have you Brisbanites ruling my local comp!

cheers

Browndog

congradulations Jye.

How much rye did you use?

cheers

20% Tony, the first one which was the same as Denny Conns original recipe also picked up 3rd at beerfest.

Well done Jye, I took my missus and young bloke to the Ipswich show on saturday and got talking to the folks running the beer and wine judging, saw Bonj there too. You will have some competition next year buddy, can't have you Brisbanites ruling my local comp!

cheers

Browndog

HAHAHA

I picked up 1st and 2nd in the ale class and 2nd in lager (only entered 3 beers) :D another brewer from the club also picked up 2 1st and 2 2nd places plus champion beer... we look forward to the competition :lol:

I heard one of the stewards said it was great that we had a few entries from our club... dont know if we will be invited back next year :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back