Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what hop variety was that?

I tried it at Hargreaves on Saturday too, really good beer. There was no advertising at all at the brewery that it was on, just an unmarked black tap at the bar...a beer for 'people in the know'.

I think it used Victoria's Secret, among lots of others, according to the staff.

And what hop variety was that?

Its called Victoria's Secret the aroma kind of reminds me of Galaxy.

Yes its true it was a kind of beer for people in the know...not that I know all that much

Sory for not elaborating further I was at work uploading the pic and the boss was hovering around

2gubfhj.jpg
nice colour,fruity hops,very moorish and it's available on the mainland

16joj1e.jpg
cidery style

Finally found some of the Ballast Point Big Eye IPA that was not out of date or going out of date(i refuse to buy it) in fact the best before on these is March 2013!

It really is a very tasty drop, fresh citrus and spicy aroma and flavour, extremely well balanced.

Hmm Columbus and Centennial hops what great combo.

Found this bottle of MAd brewers hoppy hefe a few weeks ago, yum today

4 Pines PA - Have not had this for a long time, must be close to 2 years.
Anyway its drinking pretty bloody good! Very pleasant hop aroma and decent amount of flavour, good malt depth and easy to drink.
A bit over carbed for my palate but you cant win them all.

epq3he.jpg

Pours clear golden with a nice big white head.nice flavour

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Kentish Ale is our flagship beer based on a traditional ale with pale and crystal malts, fuggle and golding hops. At 5.2% and bottle conditioned this complex beer is packed with flavour and makes the perfect accompaniment to a picnic lunch or a quiet wind-down at the end of the day.

Murrays

Bobs Farmhouse Ale - Just freaking delicious, beautiful aroma, zesty and spicy.
Slight funkiness on palate, light but rich maltiness and oh so easy to drink at 9%abv.

Retro Rocket Ale - At the other end of the spectrum, i cant believe this beer is only 2.8%abv.
It punches well above its weight in terms of flavour and mouth feel.
Id love to be able to brew a light beer half as good!
Their advertising is correct in saying that it is Australia's smallest IPA.

One from a beery session at the Scratch.
heretic.JPG

And todays unsupervised shopping trip :icon_cheers: Oh damm! - forgot to get the milk....
shopping.JPG

Gage Roads: London Best
Went to dans for the shits and gigs today and decided I wanted something english. After looking for good old TTYL and coming up short I looked at a few of the other imports but all looks pretty average, when I saw this beer on the shelf in a 640ml bottle.
I've had gage roads beer once before. It was the IPA and it was a letdown. I figured I'd give them another chance and give their 'gold medal winning' bitter a shot.
Gage_Roads_London_Best.jpg
Looks good, clear and nice colour
Smells a little dusty with a touch of crystal behind it
Taste a little bit of hops and light touch of crystal
Mouthfeel is pretty standard ale, maybe a little light on carb to style

Over all... Probably not going to have any gage roads beer again.

A Friday arvo, pre footy, pre weekend tipple.

Green Flash Imperial IPA @ 9.4%. From keg thanks to the International Beer Store.

Strong bold beer with pine and grassy smell and taste. Also has a a touch of citrus hiding at the end. I am really enjoying it, great beer.

Green_Flash_IIPA_2.jpg

A Friday arvo, pre footy, pre weekend tipple.

Green Flash Imperial IPA @ 9.4%. From keg thanks to the International Beer Store.

Strong bold beer with pine and grassy smell and taste. Also has a a touch of citrus hiding at the end. I am really enjoying it, great beer.

View attachment 57316

Normally known as Palate Wrecker. I love it, not a beer you can smash too much of, but dangerously drinkable considering it's ABV.

Normally known as Palate Wrecker. I love it, not a beer you can smash too much of, but dangerously drinkable considering it's ABV.

Agreed. Ill stick to the one to starve off wobbly legs. I have a Green Flash 30th Street Pale Ale in the fridge too, but that might have to wait till tomorrow footy final!

-Beer on the left is Moon Dog & Beer Here colab. called Freaks & Geeks. Malts: MO, Biscuit, Peated Munich, Rye, Dark Wheat, Flaked Oats. Hopped w/ Summit. Yeast is Farmhouse Ale.
16 plato, 14IBU, 38SRM, 7.6%.
Not bad nice dark ruby beer with the Farmhouse Ale giving a unique flavour. (Sorry didn't take a photo).

-On the right (one in the glass) is Moon Dog & Yeastie Boys colab. Peter Piper's Pickled Pepper Purple Peated Pale Ale.
Malts: Pale, Caramunich Heavy Peated. Hopped with Simcoe & Big Banger (? wtf). Yeast: "British".
Great beer, I like a peat scotch and the peated malt comes across really nice in this as the farmhouse yeast in the beer above hides it a bit.
20 plato, 40 IBU, 15SRM, 9%.
Both great and unique beers.

Moon_Dog_Peat_Beers.jpg

Murray's Icon 2IPA: Double IPA 7.5%.
I'm sure plenty have had this. ******* love it. Had it on tap once, was so great.

Murrays_2IPA.jpg

Green Flash Palate Wrecker and Green Flash Imperial IPA are two different beers.

Green flash IIPA num num num!!

I grabbed a 6 pack of Ballast Point big eye. Pretty nice beer i reckon, good malt, good bitterness ( not rough ) and hoppy. I have both centennial and columbus. I can feel another 10 min IIPA coming on hahah

Latest posts

Back