Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Seddon on Friday. Only making a start now.

1465211285721.jpg

Nothing fancy but at $16 for a sixer of the brewed in Japan variety it's not a bad way to ease into the long weekend.

IMG_20160610_163810.jpg
Nice cans! :D

Ballast point sculpin IPA. If you can find this at your local Dans jump on it. Its EFFING awesome.

None at Ringwood today.

Settled for a six of Stones 'Go to IPA'

...and they've travelled quite well, the hops are still bright.

Bottled in Feb apparently... would have loved to had a go on these back then.

Recommended.

Went looking for the sculpin today,none in stock....

Sir Karl delivered with dank and delicious.

WP_20160610_16_46_31_Pro.jpg

Sideways photo??

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1465546168.131171.jpg

I love everything that this brewery does and this one is their best yet. Big and thick and very smooth for something that is 10%. Nice and balanced coffee and chocolate. Delicious.

Local Dans has some good brews in stock now, and this is no exception. Bought it based on some feedback in recipe thread. Theakston Old Peculiar.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1465547040.475585.jpg

Not too shabby at all. $9 a throw though, not sure if I'd go back at that rate.

Zywiec Porter.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1465550109.254997.jpg

Found it on the bottom shelf. Can't read a sceric of Polish so don't know what to expect, but can read numbers and saw 9.5% and $5.60. Sold.
WOW. Flavoursome, bold, alcoholic, moderately bitter and even at this strength definitely tastes like a porter. I can't even describe the aroma. Strongly recommended.

OK guys, **** you all. This night, among which was Droid'sImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1465569204.674362.jpg, second from left, rough order of bestness.
Astonishing RIS! You are a wonder, even with your pants on.

**** me, Founders THE Brewery!

^lol - thanks mate, that's a great compliment!

<ed: wait, which way is that order of bestness going? hehe

Purvis Cellars in Surrey Hills. I'd assume they also have it at Purvis Beer in Richmond. And. It. Is. A. Monster. Holy crap. It's like mainlining barrel aged stout. And yes, I may have posted that somewhat inebriated.

Oh, and left to right. Sorry to say it, Nail. We agreed the KBS and Droid's were $75 bottles of stout, but not the Clout. The Nogne O Imperial Aquavit Porter was incomprehensibly good.

That's a nice beer from a nice pub, but **** me....if they served their beers any colder, they'd be slushies !

I've mentioned it to them before, but it's always the same.

I keep going back though...

Yeah, agree.
But it was pretty fkn cold outside anyway, so it was hard to know if the OSH was too cold or if ambient temp was too cold.
Not many others serve OSH on tap, so i'll always go back whenever i can :lol: .

Actually, i must say, the P&W is a great pub - Their food & selection of beers is really good for the urban boonies. If only they had twice as much floor space - so damn busy in there!! And moar parking!! - trying to find a park at "peak hour" between 12 & 4 on a sunday requires a fair walk!

Anywho, ... OSH - for what i think is probably a simple beer, it's damn good on tap. Even from half a world away.

Yeah, it's super busy at the weekend....especially with the bloody Poms !

I can walk in there and throw my leather sandal in any direction and hit one. Which will either result in a spot of Queensbury rules pugilism in the car park or a lively discussion on the state of the Monarchy.

Got a sixer of sculpin from Dan's but managed to swap one of them out for the last grapefruit sculpin on the shelves.

Just having a regular sculpin now. It's been nearly a year since I last had one and it is just as lovely as I remember it. Amazing hop flavour. Love it.

Can't wait to try the grapefruit.

Will do my best to ration this sixer out.

Latest posts

Back