Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brooklyn Lager on tap at State of Grace, Collins St.

1464935141635.jpg

Gotta be quick down here. 2 cases of Grapefruit Sculpin were alloted to my local Uncle Dans and someone bought a case and a half earlier this evening or yesterday, I got the last six pack. Any IBU member want to own up?

Drinking the sculpin first. Second time is still awesome. Definitely get the apricot mentioned on the bottle. Big Eye is good, this is great.

Will post my thoughts on my first try of the grapefruit later.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1464944083.722691.jpg

Grapefruit Sculpin. Damn!

First wiff didn't smell any different. But as soon as I brought the glass up for that first taste I could smell the grapefruit as well as that wonderful apricot aroma.

The taste is amazing! The subtle dank undertones with fresh apricot flavour of sculpin is there, but the citrus tang of the grapefruit just makes it all pop.

Last night had an out of date IPA from Lost Coast Brewery, California. Didn't get a photo, it was called Indica IPA and it was dank and tasty.

Followed that with this kick arse DIPA.

Lagunatis Hop Stoopid

V__0265.JPG

Pratty1 said:
Last night had an out of date IPA from Lost Coast Brewery, California. Didn't get a photo, it was called Indica IPA and it was dank and tasty.
Followed that with this kick arse DIPA.
Lagunatis Hop Stoopid
attachicon.gif
V__0265.JPG
I had that 'hop stoopid' in San Francisco. Is it 100 IBU? I remember it being really good.

Had a 150 lashes on tap tonight, if I've had one before it was that long ago I don't remember when. Took one sip and all I could taste was Nelson Sauvin. Looked up the hop bill and yep, there it is.
Not a NS fan if you couldn't tell, won't be going back.

kalbarluke said:
I had that 'hop stoopid' in San Francisco. Is it 100 IBU? I remember it being really good.
It's somewhere near that, 80% of that from late kettle and whirlpool additions.

I've also read somewhere that they liked the sound of 102 IBU 4 U which is why its on the label.

Lucky boy tonight.

1465133113093.jpg

Founders Breakfast Stout.
Massive choc and coffee vibe, but not too heavy. What a way too finish the evening... not too sure what I'll feel like at brekky tho.

And then there was this earlier...
1465133195418.jpg

Founders Mosaic Promise.
Clear fruit on the nose, but a bit of a harsh bitterness. Was good, but it might be a one after beer.

Cheers for the beers Ryan, enjoy the hops. ;-)

Pratty1 said:
You're not Worthy.
as if the universe wanted me to prove my worthyness

stopped off on way to rehreasal to grab a long neck of Batch american ale , my standard rheresal beer , and he was selling 6 packs of ruinantion for $38

just over $6 each couldnt resist

mongey said:
as if the universe wanted me to prove my worthiness
Whaaaat ?? you've read the bottle right, its the slogan for the beer.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1465179419.714795.jpg

The wife took off in that craziness yesterday for a 16h long haul to San Antonio. Arrived a few hours ago and now she is settled in went to the bar. Got served a pint of Pineapple Sculpin! Damn.

Latest posts

Back