Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once, at Beer Camp.......

Well done Uncle Dan's for stocking this but it hasn't travelled that well. More evidence for not drinking imported IPA's unless impeccably handled and fresh as a daisy. It's got some nice orange rind notes but aroma has classic 'oxidised hops and malt' thing going on.

Looks like I'm going to have to validate my theory with a West-coast trip sometime soon

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1464341873.985879.jpg

Belgian Black Box Brown Braggot, 10.5%.

As detailed in the 'What are you brewing' thread, this is the outcome of my Black Box/Redgum honey Braggot on a Brown ale base, fermented with WLP545 Belgian Strong and the TOSNA yeast nutrient regimen.

Fark ! Faaaark !

Bloody hell, if this isn't one of the best beer experiences I've had in a long, long time.

Deep red under a thin but persistent head. Ester aroma of banana (which has calmed down heaps since it was kegged), allowing a smidge of the choc malt to get through). No hop flavour to speak of, but there's hop bitterness there to balance the sweetness. The Ph drop of the honey ferment will have gone some way to aid this balance also.
The body/sweetness/dry finish seems to have balanced quite well.

Argument for dryness- Attenuative yeast, WLP545
- Drying effect of the honey
Argument for body - High mash temp.
- Use of crystal malt

I've got a side project off the main batch, and after much 'rithmetic' (cos it's wun ov the free R's) I calculated how much more honey it needed to become a 'legal' Braggot (50% honey). Look out VicBrew (and J.McFadyen in the specialty class, for the main batch) !

Anyway....happy with this one. I'll inflict it on some innocent bystanders tomorrow, see what they think...

image.jpg

Jeez...calm down ! I think the alcohol was influencing my over-zealous post there

After a bit of hounding (im sure im not alone here) Dan Murphies is adding Sculpin and Grapefuit sculpin to its stocks, hope the advertised price sticks too as somehow its cheaper than big eye. Now ill start hounding them to stock Brewdog Jackhammer.

Danwood said:
Jeez...calm down ! I think the alcohol was influencing my over-zealous post there
And you posted in the commercial thread.
Big braggot = your undoing. Requires confiscation lest you do yourself a mischief.

Arggh ! Didn't realise I'd done that too. Could you tidy up my mess, Andrew ?

Thanks, Dan

Foghorn Brewhouse is opened on the Central Coast at Erina.

Braveheart IPA

WP_20160529_001.jpg

Smell, taste and overall beer was pretty much what my IPA's have been like.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1464680406.247388.jpg

Stone Ruination, straight from the keg. Keg and Brew in Sydney. Dank, resinous, delicious.

Dan The Man have done it again Whoop Whooop my favourite IPAs are finally here. Ballast Point Sculpin and Sculpin Grapefruit. Grapefruit on order for me as not widely distributed yet to stores.

Word is that next batches to come in to Oz will be cans.

P.S. $100.00 a case of 24.

GrapefruitSculpin_Primary1.png

Tropical_Brews said:
Dan The Man have done it again Whoop Whooop my favourite IPAs are finally here. Ballast Point Sculpin and Sculpin Grapefruit. Grapefruit on order for me as not widely distributed yet to stores.

Word is that next batches to come in to Oz will be cans.

P.S. $100.00 a case of 24.
They've also got Stone go to IPA and the regular IPA uncle dans is getting its shit together.

Can't recall who put out the tip, but picked a few of these up at Aldi yesterday, delicious.

KW.JPG

This beer is new so I gave it a try....It wasn't bad, just not as good as it should be.

As usual its got fkn munich in it. When will they stop!

Fox Hat

Metric IPA 7% & 80ibu

WP_20160602_005.jpg

Latest posts

Back