Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's too early to say, but if anything I'd say the bottled stuff may end up being slightly higher in carbonation. This beer tastes great fizzy.

[edit] and I could swear that photo was the right way round when I first looked at it!

Your White Ale is absolutely fantastic Kai :icon_cheers: . What a follow up to the Dark!

[edit] and I could swear that photo was the right way round when I first looked at it!

Perhaps you needn't do quite so much "quality testing"?

Incidentally, I heard a little story about the building of the brewery at a confined space entry training course yesterday. Assuming you know the story yourself?

If it was about what not to do in a confined space, then yes.

That'd be the one. I assure you it was nothing libellous.

Ok...... just full bottles at this point but more pics to come

Got a few more Brew Dog offerings i havnt tried yet......... these guys are my new hero's! Love their work.

BrewDogBeers.jpg

THis one is a Black Belgian style Double India Pale Ale....... and with Brew Dog and Stone Brewing on it...... should be good.

BRewDogbashah.jpg

Also got some Innis & Gunn beers. really looking forward to these.

InnesandGunbeer.jpg

InnesandGunbeers.jpg

Will post up pics and comments as i drink em........ 2 are in the fridge now :)

It's too early to say, but if anything I'd say the bottled stuff may end up being slightly higher in carbonation. This beer tastes great fizzy.

Pulled out display furniture from the good food and wine show at the exhibition centre last night. Was really hoping that one or another of the brewers might still be around at the end or, if not - a stray bottle or two of the white.

No such luck. What's in the glass tonight is some tasty pinot noir I picked up from the same show but my mouth craves beer.

Dog's hill or breath or bollock's or something. Just wish I had a duck breast to go with it instead of last night's curry (nice curry but not a great match).

Ok...... just full bottles at this point but more pics to come

Got a few more Brew Dog offerings i havnt tried yet......... these guys are my new hero's! Love their work.
Bashah is awesome!

As are pretty much any of the Innis and Gunn beers...haven't got my hands on the Tripel Matured one...yet.

Ok first up i tried the Innis & Gunn Rum Cask. Really enjoyed it. IT smels and tasted fantastic...... sweet, floral and fruity with a dark fruit kind of touch from the rum. 7.4% too which was nice :)

InnesGunnRumbottle.jpg

InnesGunnRumbeer.jpg

And currently drinking this........ Brew Dog 5am Saint. nice amber colour, creamy light maoth feel, smells of lots of hops, tastes like hops....... i like it! It has a resin character to it. the hops are smooth at the same time as being in your face. A great beer. I could drink lots of this. I just burped and it tasted like hop pellets in my mouth :)

5amSaintbeer.jpg

The back of the bottle says it all for Brew Dogs beers!

5amSaintbottle.jpg

cheers

Dogfishead 60min IPA - Been saving this to celebrate doing my IBD exam today... exam done (module II DIB) and beer drunk.

Exam seemed to go reasonably well ..... Beer was underwhelming. A nice enough IPA, but just confirms for me that people put the Americans up on too high a pedestal. This is legendary beer from a Rockstar brewer out of the states - and any of the half decent Aussie brewers make an IPA that's as good as this one.

Happy about the exam.. a bit disappointed with the beer.

Who holds on to AIPAs?

But the beer (brewery) does have a reputation in excess of what it deserves. The bottles that have graced our shores were not perfect examples to begin with.

Bought this cause I love Monty Python and wasn't really expecting much, actaully not a bad beer, very sessionable, if anything I'd say it was lacking a bit of caracter, wasn't hoppy, wasn't malty

P6070197.jpg

Who holds on to AIPAs?

But the beer (brewery) does have a reputation in excess of what it deserves. The bottles that have graced our shores were not perfect examples to begin with.

A few weeks - not long term aging. I'm not an idiot.

Bought this cause I love Monty Python and wasn't really expecting much, actaully not a bad beer, very sessionable, if anything I'd say it was lacking a bit of caracter, wasn't hoppy, wasn't malty

P6070197.jpg

Aha, I picked up 3 for $15 in Maleny a few weeks back. Was very sceptical of the Monty Python gimmickery ... but then I noticed the Black Sheep cap.

I was really surprised - it says to drink at 13C but I had it nearer 18C, it looks from your photo that you might have had it a bit cool... happy to be told otherwise :rolleyes: I think most English beers lose 90% of their flavour when chilled.

The wheat gives it a certain lightness I thought and a pleasing citrus flavour.

Would definitely pick up some more of them. :)

A few weeks - not long term aging.

My apologies. I was completely unaware that another shipment had come through recently. Kinda pissed it got under my radar - not because I wanted one but, you know, it just stings I didn't know.

I'm not an idiot.

I assure you that I am very much aware of this. You speak - I listen. Even when you're talking BIAB (which I don't do). I was even considering seeking out your personal opinion on a separate matter but I'm guessing I've inadvertently burned that bridge. Sorry once again.

Tonight i have tried the Innis & Gunn Tripple Maturured. THe bottle states it is a limmited bottling of beer which has been "tripple matured in slelcted oak barrels"

It fails to mention what sort of barrels whick i find a bit disapointing

It smells a bit like sweet malt, sour cherries........ a real tart ripe fruit smell.
Taste............ man its complex! I am having trouble isolating flavours and its got me thinking of what types of barrels were used. I get a dry woody oak..... on the nose as well slightly, but thinking about it, it makes me think of wine, or fortified wine.

The beer is dark, im thinking it has used sherry and/or port or red wine barrels along the way...... something like that.

wouldnt get it again.

I asked the wife to smell it and she turned here nose up and said "vinigar"

Maybe its infected?

InnesGunntripplematured.jpg

My apologies. I was completely unaware that another shipment had come through recently. Kinda pissed it got under my radar - not because I wanted one but, you know, it just stings I didn't know.

I assure you that I am very much aware of this. You speak - I listen. Even when you're talking BIAB (which I don't do). I was even considering seeking out your personal opinion on a separate matter but I'm guessing I've inadvertently burned that bridge. Sorry once again.

Didn't mean to sound offended.... I wasn't.

And besides, you were right - keeping it that amount of time wouldn't have done it any favours.

I was really surprised - it says to drink at 13C but I had it nearer 18C, it looks from your photo that you might have had it a bit cool... happy to be told otherwise :rolleyes: I think most English beers lose 90% of their flavour when chilled.

Yeah, I had it in the fridge for an hour or so. I like most of my beers at serving temp but 18 is a bit warm for me. Don't know the actual temp but I reckon it'd have been closer to 10. Might have to grab another and drink as required, I certainly didn't get any specific flavours out of it. You've twisted my arm, another it is, maybe another 2 and do a side by side at the different temps

They make fantastic beer - but they are a bunch of tossers. What a load of claptrap from a bunch of FIGJAM wankers.

Still... really really good brewers so I forgive them.

found some info on the beer i taste above:

Ingredients: Optic malt; chocolate malt; Goldings hops.
The pasteurised beer is sent to the Glenfiddich distillery and used to seal American white oak barrels; and then transferred to a marrying tun where the barrels are blended. The bottled beer is stored for a month before being distributed to shops. The period spent in the barrel, then the marrying tun and then the bottle gives the beer the name "Triple Matured".

Mmmmmmmmm very interesiting

I read up on it on rate beer and some very different reviews.......... seems its a beer that people either love or hate and percieve flavours and aromas differently in.

like i said......... very complex........ almost confusing but not for me!

found some info on the beer i taste above:

Ingredients: Optic malt; chocolate malt; Goldings hops.
The pasteurised beer is sent to the Glenfiddich distillery and used to seal American white oak barrels; and then transferred to a marrying tun where the barrels are blended. The bottled beer is stored for a month before being distributed to shops. The period spent in the barrel, then the marrying tun and then the bottle gives the beer the name "Triple Matured".

Mmmmmmmmm very interesiting

I read up on it on rate beer and some very different reviews.......... seems its a beer that people either love or hate and percieve flavours and aromas differently in.

like i said......... very complex........ almost confusing but not for me!

I tried the "Original" one a few weeks back. I was pretty disappointed. Got the oak barrell flavours coming through, but the beer lacked a lot of character beyond that. Along the lines of most of the chilli or honey beers I've ever tasted. I'm always a bit suss of any beer in clear bottles too! Keen to try some of those Brew Dog beers though, will have to pick some up soon :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back