Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I need 30 cans to get 600litres in the kettle, I broke my can opener on the last batch so I will have to wait until the next "can-opener bulk-buy"
Cheers
Gerard

Hi Gerard,
Where can I get one of those great Flying Horse glasses? Did not get a momento from my pre opening tour when I was down over Anzac weekend. Would like to get some merchandise.
Glad everything is going well.
Cheers
Dogs

Been shopping again! :p
Kegs_001.jpg
Never seen any of these beers outside Germany.
They were flogging them for $20 a piece at my local BWS...couldn't resist!

I saw some of them at Uncle Dans on the weekend

Franzeskaner Weisbier and a Schwarzbier of some sort for $30 each.

Still thinking of going in and getting one of eack if they are fresh.

Problem is once you crack them you have to drink them and they hold 3/4 of a carton

mmmmmm... and the problem is what :)

I saw some of them at Uncle Dans on the weekend

Franzeskaner Weisbier and a Schwarzbier of some sort for $30 each.

Still thinking of going in and getting one of eack if they are fresh.

Problem is once you crack them you have to drink them and they hold 3/4 of a carton

mmmmmm... and the problem is what :)
Yeah I saw those ones in Dans as well.

Was very tempting also, but i've gotta restrict my keg intact to 3 at a time! :D

Time I went to see uncle Daniel again methinks, Franziskaner and mango juice for brekky, continued on to a few for lunch, and finish the remainder while watching the grand final, sounds like a good day out

I had a Cascade First Harvest over the weekend. WOW, What a good drop. I f I had to buy a case for mega swill this would be it.
Also I had a Budvar and a Barons Lemon Mertile Wit very nice stuff.

Steve

Ill throw my hat in the ring with a few photos of some stuff i have tried over the last few months

Brassire De Silly - Titje - delicate but great tasting wit
Bridgeroads Beechwood IPA - huge hop impact loved this beer
Feral White - not my favourite wit, nice but not great to me

Brassire_De_Silly_Titje.JPG

Bridgeroads___Beechworth_Bling_IPA.JPG

Feral_White.JPG

I am sorry my descriptions are not very detailed, I am not fantastic at evaluating beers properly

Floris Kriek - I thought this was just rubbish, tasted too fake, like drinking a cherry starburst
Gouden Carouls - Really liked this beer
Happy Goblin Pale Ale - I also loves this beer, great aroma and mouthfeel. As good as any local APA

Floris_Kriek.JPG

Gouden_Carolus_Classic.JPG

Happy_Goblin_Pale_Ale.JPG

Hunter Beer Co Scottish Ale - First 'shilling' beer I have tried. Tasted pretty darn good, very stout like to me.
Kwak - Can't remember anything standout about this beer, but it was still tasty
Leffe Radeus - Loved this beer, I could taste all sorts of berries in this one, with that distinctive Belgian smell.

Hunter_Beer_Co_Laymans_Scottish_Ale_80_shilling.JPG

Kwak.JPG

Leffe___Radeus.JPG

Malt Shovel Raspberry Wheat. - interesting colour, not too tart, it is ok, but i have had better fruit beers.
Timmermans Gueuze - One of my all time favourites. so sour, mildly funky, it is beautiful, i can't get enough of these
Timothy Taylors Landlord - I don't think this one traveled too well. it was nice, but not a standout, it did not live up to the reputation.

Malt_Shovel___Mad_Brewers_Rasberry_Wheat.JPG

Timmermans_Gueuze.JPG

Timothy_Taylors_Landlord_Strong_Pale_Ale.JPG

Few other randoms

Unibroue La Terrible and Redoak Chocolate Stout, and the SNPA

Unibroue___La_Terrible.jpg

Redoak_Belgian_Chocolate_Stout.JPG

Sierra_Nervada_Pale_Ale.JPG

I'm in, but it'll be gone by the time I get there, won't it?

Won't it! :angry:

I need to get my camera back, so I can post my breakfast lunch glass of commercial beer, when I buy one of those mini-kegs.

It's not going to help if I tell you that I had an Erdinger on tap while I was at the Mary Ellen buying it is it, Les? Or that I followed it up with a couple of Dogbolter's for dessert... :p

My latest purchases from Sainsburys... For those that love an American Pale Ale, I would highly recommend the Meantime London Pale Ale

Meantime_v2.jpgWS_v2.jpg

at the moment I just went for a quick run to Dans:

Busch.jpg

wonderful at 12%, but not too many.

and a few of these:

ChimayBL.gif

oh and some Amsterdam Mariner 500mL cans :D

med_gallery_2743_249_242313.jpg

Big nose of raspberries (which is good because I have a big nose). Taste is sweet with a touch of sourness (perhaps it would go well with sweet and sour chicken :p ?!).

Latest posts

Back