What's A Commercial Brewery Cost?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppingMad

Ein Stein
Reaction score
Some interesting examples here at the moment.

Including Jamieson's Brewery, a Brewpub in Geelong (Vic), Grumpys Brewhouse in Hahndorf (SA) and 3 Brew on Premise joints in QLD.

Jamiesons Brewery
Geelong Brewpub
Grumpys Brewhaus

Hopper B)

Edit - Sorry Queenslanders - Couldn't get the links to work, but there's a Brew on premise going for sale in Brisbane, Rockhampton & Browns Plains if you search Realcommercial.com.au

lack of understanding of the buyer group for the geelong brewpub. only 1 pic of brewing equip. they are trying to market it to a pub owner and not a brewer.

i recon with the right brewer and right internal refurb that place could be a goldmine. great location. just needs bottling facilities to enable selling it to a braoder market.

ahhh if only......

The scottish chiefs pub may be for sale but the brew equip is currently being leased to a brewer from the area.

He makes a nice pale and soon to have more

get down there and try his beers out

Kleiny

Some interesting examples here at the moment.

Including Jamieson's Brewery, a Brewpub in Geelong (Vic), Grumpys Brewhouse in Hahndorf (SA) and 3 Brew on Premise joints in QLD.

Jamiesons Brewery
Geelong Brewpub
Grumpys Brewhaus

Hopper B)

Edit - Sorry Queenslanders - Couldn't get the links to work, but there's a Brew on premise going for sale in Brisbane, Rockhampton & Browns Plains if you search Realcommercial.com.au

I think the BOP in QLD are franchises and may not exist, think they want $350k for one...

$1.5m+ for Grumpys?! Fark man, cant see anyone paying that personally.

I think the BOP in QLD are franchises and may not exist, think they want $350k for one...

Yep - I think you are spot on WSC, dug them up again - the real estate site freaked out when I was posting these up.

But now when I look at them individually, the pics are all the same! Definately a franchise:

Browns Plains:
Linky
Rockhampton:
Linky
Mackay:
Linky

Can't find the Brissie one anymore, but yep I think we get the idea. :rolleyes: $350k for lots of shiny BIAB thingys.

Hopper.

Yep - I think you are spot on WSC, dug them up again - the real estate site freaked out when I was posting these up.

But now when I look at them individually, the pics are all the same! Definately a franchise:

Browns Plains:
Linky
Rockhampton:
Linky
Mackay:
Linky

Can't find the Brissie one anymore, but yep I think we get the idea. :rolleyes: $350k for lots of shiny BIAB thingys.

Hopper.

They use extract and hops and all yeast is usually fermented at the same temp. Never thought of BIAB in those vessels, nice idea.

Do they use spec grains? Or do they have a wide variety of extracts at least?

And what variety of hops do they usually have?

I went through one of those brew your own places for work... a tale of woe. Just extract recipes, spec malts that get boiled (wtf?) and all fermented at the same temps... for the coin it costs you are way better off just doing it at home, not that hard really.

On the actual topic though, if you are running one as a business and it works why the hell not :)

Another edit... To bottle the beer it is force carbed then you have to dick around trying to fill bottles from a tap, quite funny to watch actually.

The reason I ask is they say they have so many different recipes to choose from.

But then they have like 30 different beers that are really just very similar bland lagers. And i just wonder if they're changing subtle things like hops at different times, different spec malts, different yeasts? Or are they just pretty much misleading consumers that don't know any better?

The reason I ask is they say they have so many different recipes to choose from.

But then they have like 30 different beers that are really just very similar bland lagers. And i just wonder if they're changing subtle things like hops at different times, different spec malts, different yeasts? Or are they just pretty much misleading consumers that don't know any better?

They taste similar. I did about 10 brews 3-4 years ago. Didn't know that about brewing then. They only had light, amber and dark extract, not much grain (some had grain but none I brewed), OK range of hops and I didn't notice any different yeast.

So technically the beers are different but only slightly in some cases as the extract and yeast are the same. There is an AG one in capalaba that from all reports is much better.

No doubt the market is for people that don't know much better, I think you could brew better with kits and bits, the right yeast and temp control.

Back in the day I used to frequent that Geelong pub. It's a sure winner with the right live-in brewer. Could be my calling to move into AG!!

Latest posts

Back