• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

What Would You Charge For Your Ag Rig?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benarnot

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been looking at threads with people designing and building their own rigs and I'm wondering why I haven't seen many threads with people selling their old rigs? I'm guessing its coz most people recycle as many parts as possible when they upgrade to keep costs down.

However, for someone thinking about getting out of kit and kilo and into AG this would be a really good opportunity (kind of like buying your first car before you go buy that new BMW - though I'm still waiting for that too!)

So anyway, what do you think your rig would be worth on the used market? (And are you on the Gold Coast!? ;) )

Cheers!

I've got my old rig for sale $600.

No pics on this computer, 3 S/S vessels (40L urn, custom insulated mashtun, double skinned kettle) Italian spiral burner. with built in hoist.
3 output Seimens temp controller.

cheers Ross

Ross...that thing is 100 yrs old...

But was a good rig when i saw it fired up :D

I've got my old rig for sale $600.

No pics on this computer, 3 S/S vessels (40L urn, custom insulated mashtun, double skinned kettle) Italian spiral burner. with built in hoist.
3 output Seimens temp controller.

cheers Ross

Is this what people are referring to as a 'turn key' system? I only know this term in regards to kit cars, like Ford AC Cobras etc! Wish I could get one of those for that kind of money!

pretty much just means it complete, ready to go, just turn the key and off you go, a turnkey brewery in theory is ready to make beer straight out of the box

I would say my basic setup only cost me around $300, but there is no SS pots in that, so it made it cheaper, but not as good, as the aliminum pot will need replacing alot sooner.

60l Aliminum pot, 4 ring burner, 55 liter esky comverted int mash tun, fittings for the mash tun and various hoses.

Im sure other parts could be counted into an AG system such as scales and thermometers etc. but you ave these parts in other types of setups also.

I dare say many brewers recycle any upgraded rigs or hand them to fellow brewers.

The step from initial basic stand (milk crates, etc) to custom to your liking stand was a one step process for me, and many other brewers afaik.

Get chatting with some fellow brewers nearby, I am sure one of them could be encouraged to upgrade their system and give you their current rig - for a fee! ;)

Back