What will alcohol level be?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
Hi

A mate who does not do SG or FG - (tbh I stopped when it all was the same each time and I broke the reader) - anyhow
He added Kit plus 'about' 2 kg dextrose, 500 gram honey plus coopers beer enhancer 2 - LOL - I told him he is making rocket fuel - lol

anyhow - would there a rough guide - its about 3 kg in fermentables - I think around 7%

Thanks

bump - anyone - just a bit of fun - does not have to exact science - but I think he will be speaking left hand in 2 beers :)

You can add the points (2x90 dextrose + 40 honey + 100 light dry malt) = 320. Divide by gallons (5?) = 1.064 SG. Assuming it finishes at 1.10, that's 54 difference. Divide by 7.5 to get ABV = 7.3%

thanks LOL, it might only be 1 beer LOL this is going to be good --- new brewer getting a bit cocky..LOL

I get about 7.47% on brewers friend - this is a kit - but just added

and also forgot he is also only making to 20 L (he is going all in) and that makes a big difference - wow - 6.5 to 7.47% LOL wow

Last edited:
! tin of extract in 23L does not provide much of a malt base. The beer will likely taste fiery and cidery. To go to that high an abv he'd make a better beer if he used liquis or dry malt extract instead of most of the adjuncts. Coopers enhancer contains some DME, but not enough in my thinking.

! tin of extract in 23L does not provide much of a malt base. The beer will likely taste fiery and cidery. To go to that high an abv he'd make a better beer if he used liquis or dry malt extract instead of most of the adjuncts. Coopers enhancer contains some DME, but not enough in my thinking.
yep I think this is going to taste like those (forgot name) An English Ale that is 8.8% (might be Tennants Extra) - its all alcohol flavour, not great.
I am going to suggest he brews another can with just malt (or nothing) to just get it down in alcohol and then mix the 2.

Latest posts

Back