What To Do With The Coopers Lager Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillihilli

Reaction score
Hi there,

I still have the Australian Lager kit can that comes with the coopers microbrewery kit. I would like to hear from anyone who has tried this can and produced anything decent.

My brother just got one for Christmas. I'm think of combining the two in a brew of some sort.

Does anyone have any suggestions ? I don't want to blow a couple of weeks of fermenter time, plus bottles etc if they don;t produce a decent brew.

I have a few options with ferment temps: My back laundry will maintain about 20 (I can raise to 24), my cellar about 18-19 and my oldies place averages around 16 under their house.

I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Cheers Chilli.

If you combine the 2 cans of lager and do a 'toucan' brew - warning, use just one of the yeasts as it can froth out of the airlock - you will end up with a pleasant fuller bodied beer. No need to add anything else, but if you do wish to put in 750g of dex you'll end up with a nice strong beer about the strength of Coopers Sparkling. Also keeping the fermenting temperature below 20 degrees will give a cleaner flavour without too much of the beer kit 'twang'.

I did two or three of these during my kits days and can recommend. :)

I can remember doing a toucan of the lager with a real ale can.....

I used both yeasts, it went mental, but I managed to hold the temp down below 20.

Came out quite tasty.

Latest posts

Back