What To Do With Maltodextrin And Cooper's "brewing Sugar&quot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpsmusic

Reaction score
Hi,

The good folks at G&G sent me 500g of maltodextrin by mistake. I've also got some Cooper's "Brewing Sugar" which I think is maltodextrin and sucrose.

I'm a confirmed AG brewer (done about 10 batches so far and loving it!).

What should I do with the maltodextrin and brewing sugar - chuck it out or use it in a recipe?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi,

The good folks at G&G sent me 500g of maltodextrin by mistake. I've also got some Cooper's "Brewing Sugar" which I think is maltodextrin and sucrose.

What should I do with the maltodextrin and brewing sugar - chuck it out or use it in a recipe?

Cheers,

Chris

Id hang on to it just in case you done hit your preboil numbers on a batch and can use it to adjust, otherwise look for a recipe that calls for it.

Hi,

Cheers,

Chris

Id hang on to it just in case you dont hit your preboil numbers on a batch and can use it to adjust, otherwise look for a recipe that calls for it.

Use it to make a ginger beer for summer? I solely bought this for making GB.

Hi,

Cheers,

Chris

Coopers sparkling ale clone - they use some sucrose to up the gravity without increasing the body...

Maltodextrin is used for enhancing mouth feel and head retention, so sub it for either wheat or carapils.

Latest posts

Back