What To Do With 8 Fresh Cones

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis

Official keg inhaler
Reaction score
Thats all my chinook plant is going to give me so (I think I know the answer), what if anything can I do with them that will be useful.

I am thinking of boiling them for 5 mins and tipping the hop tea into a keg at fill time.

Hoping to get a useful amount off the plant next year :(

Thats all my chinook plant is going to give me so (I think I know the answer), what if anything can I do with them that will be useful.

I am thinking of boiling them for 5 mins and tipping the hop tea into a keg at fill time.

Hoping to get a useful amount off the plant next year :(
brew an IPA and put one cone in each bottle, wait a month then compare with the unhopped ones

Thats a good thought. By the end of the week I should have the ingredients for an IPA.
But it will be only my 2nd AG so might be a bit of an ask.

Thats a good thought. By the end of the week I should have the ingredients for an IPA.
But it will be only my 2nd AG so might be a bit of an ask.

its not a big deal, just a bit more malt and hops than your average pale ale
keep the recipe simple and make sure you take lots of notes
put in a good helping of bittering hops up front and then some aroma towards the end of the boil (cascade, fuggles?)

Deep fry them.

Well we know how you got your nick then eh :lol:

I had a passing thought of rolling them and smoking them, but I gave up smoking 15 years ago

its not a big deal, just a bit more malt and hops than your average pale ale
keep the recipe simple and make sure you take lots of notes
put in a good helping of bittering hops up front and then some aroma towards the end of the boil (cascade, fuggles?)

Sounds like a goer. Have made quite a few pale ales so I could make one on steroids easy enough
Cheers :beer:

I had a passing thought of rolling them and smoking them, but I gave up smoking 15 years ago

Smoking hops is pretty bad, I tried it a few times as a sleeping aid.

Maybe brew a tiny batch so it is more proportional.
Mash in a lunchbox and boil in a tin cup... Gulliver Brewing.

Maybe brew a tiny batch so it is more proportional.
Mash in a lunchbox and boil in a tin cup... Gulliver Brewing.

I BIAB so maybe a pair of mums bloomers in one of the old bedpans would do it ;)

I misunderstood the thread title... I thought this thread was about Michael Phelps ..... \ B)

Smoke'm while you got 'em!

pictures_big_bong.jpg

What To Do With 8 Fresh Cones

pass them around to 8 friends :D

Latest posts

Back