What Styles Have You Brewed In 2009?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Topaz Imperial Pils
Ooo now that sounds like something I might be interested in!

I've currently got a keg of Topaz SMaSH in the fridge, and it's really bloody nice, but an Imperial Pils, now we're talking.
Do you happen to wanna share the recipe Schooey? :D

Looking good guys. I've done mostly kits and bits, with 3 AG brews thrown in. Ag first, I've done:

Ordinary Bitter
Robust Porter
Pilsner
Aussie Ales
IPA's
Special Bitters
faux-Aussie Lagers
an Aussie Midstrength
and a few commercial drink-alikes [Heineken, Becks, 'Improved' T. New (don't shoot me), JSGA (next), CPA].

Most of my brewing is an 'I want this direction' kind of affair, I generally don't aim for a style. If it comes out as a smooth drinking beer that is reminiscent of a particular style then so be it.

Cheers everyone, killer thread - boingk

Pale ales a plenty
Amber ale
Belgian Pale ale (too fruity for me)
Aussie ales

I just like APA's meh :p

So far for 2009, 34 batches or 612L of kegged beer :ph34r:

German Pils
Dry Stout
Rice Lager
APA
AAA
AIPA
Munich Dunkel
American Brown
Mild
ESB
Munich Helles
CAP
Sweet Stout
Cream Ale
Best Bitter

A Few Specialties:
Hazelnut Brown
Maple and Rauch Malt Brown
Black IPA
Rye PA
New World ESB

Cheers! :beerbang:

Bitter
English Old
Bo Pils
Hefeweizen
APA

All up, about 370 litres.

Helles
Oktoberfest
Czech Pils
CAP
Belgian Pale Ale

Saison
Standard American Lager
English Bitter
APA
Boston Lager

Cheers,
Al

Cal Common
Ord Bitter x3
Hefeweizen
Dunkelweizen
English IPA
English Brown Ale
Dry Stout
Scottish 80/- x2
Irish Red Ale x2
Robust Porter
IIPA
AAA
American Rye
Rauchbier
American Brown
English Barley Wine
Blonde Ale

Chocolate Stout
Wheat Beer
Chimay Blue clone
Burton ale
Abbey ale
Imperial Stout
Pilsner
Raspberry Pale Ale
Ginger Beer
Apple Cider
Englich Best Bitter
Belgian Triple
Strong Belgian Dark Ale
Peroni clone
English IPA
American Nut Brown Ale
Another Cider
Christmas Ale
English Mild
T'has been a good year

I didn't think I brewered very much this year but the list stands up now that I look

IPA
Mild
Gose
Porter
Dunkelweizen
Mild
Spiced beer
Belgian golden strong
Biere de garde
Brown Ale
Oat Stout - drinking a bottle now its delicious
ASA
Munchen Helles
Rauchbier
ASA
Ginger Beer
Hefeweizen
Dunkelweizen
Wheat wine

This is the first year I have been in comps and I've carpet bombed the suckers B)

Seriously though apart from the Toucan Niggajuice 9% headbanger stout which has come mid field in the comps I have had three threads:

UK Bitters of the TTL style, and some milds

My eternal quest for Bulimba Draught which has made some nice house beers but not entered into any comps.

Attempts at a clean version of Coopers Sparkling. Current recipe courtesy of AndrewQLD bloody noice. For some reason, obtaining tallies to save the dregs to culture the yeast has resulted in me accumulating 50 Coopers tallies. How could this be ? :eek:

:p

:chug:

Been getting a whole new system together for the last 12 months or so, kegerator, herms, boiler, etc. so have only done one brew last Sunday. It was a batch of Dr Smurrto's Golden Ale :icon_drool2: , but look out baby the brewpot will be bubbling over the Christmas break!!!!

Just hope I've got enough hops to see me through though.

I must be honest. I did attempt to brew a batch the week before. I did a batch sparge and was getting so excited thinking about using the spent grain to tune the pid that I forgot to stop pumping the mash out water from the hot liquor tank into the mash tun and went inside to get my notes. Then I got distracted with BeerSmith until the power went out, awh f*ck it, I raced out to the garage to find about 40 litres of extra water than necessary had been pumped into the mash tun, then over the bench & floor, this of course resulted in the hlt element being exposed and burning out. I spent the next 5 hours clearing and cleaning the garage and equipment. Oh well live and learn, needless to say I didn't move from the garage last Sunday, but I've had so many good buys and finds the last couple of weeks that it hasn't made me feel too bad at all. Look like a dickhead maybe but that's another story. Oh boy swmbo has got me some prawns for dinner :icon_cheers: .

In order:

Saison
Anzac IPA
Oktoberfest
Kayak Summer Ale
NZ Pale Ale
Ginger Beer
Spiced Winter Warmer x 3
Munich Helles
Belgian Pale Ale
Belgian Wit
Irish Red Ale
Belgian Pale Ale
California Common
Ordinary Bitter
Saison
Oktoberfest
Belgian Golden Strong
Sweet Stout
Barleywine
Hefeweizen
American IPA
Summer Ale
German Pils
Hefeweizen
German Pils (today)

to come this year:
Schwartz Beer
Chinese Nugget Ale
Chinese Marco Polo Ale

will make 30 brews with 3 months overseas.

How did the Gose turn out?

And what is an ASA?

The Gose was great when it was fresh, the first half a dozen bottles were really something, but after a couple of months it became quite average. It was quite refreshing and I plan to brew another (smaller) batch for summer.

ASA is my shorthand for Aussie Sparkling Ale.

cheers

grant

Alt
Kolsch
German Pils
Oktoberfest
Aussie Pale
Dry Stout
Traditional Bock
MaiBock
Dark Belgian Strong
APA
Irish Red
Belgian Pale
Aussie Wheat
Lambic
ABA
American Rye Ale
ESB
Weizen
Porter
Oatmeal stout

And a series of SMash type brews tat don't fit a style but are nice to drink :icon_drool2:

:chug:
So far for 2009, 34 batches or 612L of kegged beer :ph34r:

German Pils
Dry Stout
Rice Lager
APA
AAA
AIPA
Munich Dunkel
American Brown
Mild
ESB
Munich Helles
CAP
Sweet Stout
Cream Ale
Best Bitter

A Few Specialties:
Hazelnut Brown
Maple and Rauch Malt Brown
Black IPA
Rye PA
New World ESB

Cheers! :beerbang:

Geez thats about 77 cartons worth!!! I hope you didnt drink it all by yourself :icon_vomit:

To date, I have brewed 529lts, with at least another 52lts planned before the year is out - taking my tally to at least 581lts

Generally, the styles have been:

US APA's (quite a few)
Galaxy driven APA's x 3 (kinda Aust)
Oatmeal stout
ESB's x 2
Special Bitter
Norther English Brown x 2
Bock
New World Pilsner
English IPA
Aust Pale ale x 2
Dusseldorf Altbier
US Amber
Plus a few others that are totally off the cuff and therefore hard to pin down into a style

I also have the following planned between xmas and NY

Calafornia Common
Rye IPA

Next year I think I will concentrate on refining a few pet styles and playing with some more lagers.

Brendo

Geez thats about 77 cartons worth!!! I hope you didnt drink it all by yourself :icon_vomit:

Yeah you didnt need to tell me! haha! I would say ive consumed maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of it. Its sort of hard to tell, some days i have the boys around and we chew thru 1/2-2/3 of a keg so i'd just be guessing and SWMBO has 1-2 glasses every second day. Oh and its more like 68 cartons worth of stubbies, not euro 330 ml jobs!

say its 34 slabs, thats just over 1/2 slab a week.

Latest posts

Back