What Is Your "favorite" Mega Swill?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had to drink megaswill which one would you choose?

• XXXX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VB

• Carlton Cold

• Toheys Extra Dry

• Toheys Super Dry

• Pure Blonde

• Mids

• Toheys Old

• Carlton Draught

• Toheys New

• Total voters
Tooheys red in a can is great when you are sitting in the sun on a 40c day - but then again, carbonated donkey piss would probably be good as well :huh:

I know this is a little off topic...

But i picked up a 6pack of gage roads IPA last nite because i needed something cold and felt like an IPA

I don't think ive been more dissapointed with an IPA before. Just tasted like a regular ale. hardly any hop flavours coming through and missing a lot of body and flavour which is associated with a good IPA

Was it just me or were other people dissapointed with this beer also??

Rant over B)

Sponge

I do love an Old straight from the tap, but I picked a case up a while ago and it was crap. Almost nothing like the draught version. Nice cold Old from the tap.............nothing compares, but from a stubbie :icon_vomit:

well seeing as Melbourne bitter isn't on the list I chose xxxx

unfortunately I've never found Melbourne bitter on tap - anyone from Melbourne no of such a pub?

Almost nothing like the draught version.
Likely because nobody orders it, and it has plenty of time to "condition" :)

But i picked up a 6pack of gage roads IPA last nite because i needed something cold and felt like an IPA

I don't think ive been more dissapointed with an IPA before. Just tasted like a regular ale. hardly any hop flavours coming through and missing a lot of body and flavour which is associated with a good IPA

WASTE OF $17.00

I love IPA to me it is not!

well seeing as Melbourne bitter isn't on the list I chose xxxx

unfortunately I've never found Melbourne bitter on tap - anyone from Melbourne no of such a pub?

in my 11 years of drinking i dont think i have ever seen melb bitter on tap!

Rant over B)

Sponge

probably tasted like my first IPA i made with Pilsner malt! eh peels? (peels asked for an IPA recipe, so i gave it to him and he was let down big time! i think i still owe him a batch for that ;) )

i used to drink VB at the pubs, but have recently found out reschs draught on tap is a lot more drinkable than the usual crap available, and aint had a decent hangover yet. Cant belive no-one has mentioned this beer yet lol..... Must be really crap haha

i used to drink VB at the pubs, but have recently found out reschs draught on tap is a lot more drinkable than the usual crap available, and aint had a decent hangover yet. Cant belive no-one has mentioned this beer yet lol..... Must be really crap haha

I agree Kingy, if I can't find Kent Old (Brown) on tap I'll seek out Reschs. Sadly, it too is on the outer, with the lighter beers, in taste, carbs and alcohol, seemingly taking over. Cheerz Wab

Cans are awesome! It's usually just bad beer that comes in them.

- The beer has no exposure to light
- Durable and nearly un-breakable.
- Easy to dispose of or recycle, compact

I think it would be pretty cool to see a Strong Belgian, or APA in a can.... any real beer :)

I don't think they're nice to drink from, but I rarely drink from bottles, either.

exactly why I love cans over bottles. I can crush two cases of VB cans and it'll fit in my tiny kitchen bin.

Cans are awesome! It's usually just bad beer that comes in them.

- The beer has no exposure to light
- Durable and nearly un-breakable.
- Easy to dispose of or recycle, compact

I think it would be pretty cool to see a Strong Belgian, or APA in a can.... any real beer :)

I don't think they're nice to drink from, but I rarely drink from bottles, either.
Just on cans, and OT... has anyone tried good beer out of cans? Have heard of a few micros in USA doing cans for their beers. Sounds like a good idea IMO. I don't mind Tooheys New out of an ice cold can on a hot day.

Just on cans, and OT... has anyone tried good beer out of cans? Have heard of a few micros in USA doing cans for their beers. Sounds like a good idea IMO. I don't mind Tooheys New out of an ice cold can on a hot day.

slightly even more off-topic, you can now buy Cheeseburgers premade in a can in Germany.

cheeseburger-in-a-can.jpg

and back on topic....

sapporo_can.jpg

best canned beer I've ever had IMO. If you can call it a can, it's about as thick as a tin of spaghetti.

:D

The cheeseburger equivalent of Tooheys. mmm. (I still want one)

A bit off topic but is beezneez becoming mega swill? I had 2 bottles today and they left that distinct, crappy, lowcarb taste/ feeling in my mouth. Is it just me or are they making it low carb? It put me off drinking it again.

I got a sampler 6 pack of Maui Brewing Beers from Hawaii all in cans.

IPA, coconut porter and blonde lager.

All seemed to be 'can conditioned' too - tiny bit of sediment in the bottom of each can.

Good beers, but poured into a glass, good enough to drink from the can though, especially the IPA.

Good beer can come in a can.

If only I could have a canning machine, or access to one!

Coconut porter sounds interesting. A bit girly, but interesting. Beers that the ladies like are never a bad thing.

james squire golden ale in a can on qantas flights is pretty drinkable..........

Back