What Is Your "favorite" Mega Swill?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had to drink megaswill which one would you choose?

• XXXX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VB

• Carlton Cold

• Toheys Extra Dry

• Toheys Super Dry

• Pure Blonde

• Mids

• Toheys Old

• Carlton Draught

• Toheys New

• Total voters
My fav mega-swill is just kit and kilo dex :wub: :wub:

QldKev

Coopers is easily in the megaswill category on production. Every time i blink they have added a new tun or new fermenter out at Regency Park....

Its just that it doesnt take like horses piss like every others states megaswill.... :D

Southwark Stout?

Or West End Super? B)

Southwark Stout?
Oh yeah!

Though pretty much every stout...besides Guinness...couldn't considered 'megaswill', because they're not consumed by the masses, as appalling as it is!

On the note of dark beer, I stuck with Old. Pretty much the only dark beer you'll find at the majority of pubs these days, and its consistently drinkably...though I reckon it helps to let it warm up a bit. ;)

Plus their ongoing contribution of crown seal 750ml bottles to the home brewing world should not be dismissed lightly

cheers

grant

No mention of Boags or Cascade in the mix?

Ps I voted XXXX got to be loyal the golden box (swill or not)

Anything with a Coopers Label on it and Guinness or Kilkenny that's as close to Mega-Swill as I get these days

I went for the Tooheys Old as I will drink it if there is only the beers mentioned. There was not Tassie beer. I do like Cascade Premium if I have to buy beer in bulk.

I would of figured Australian mega swill would be either brewed by lion nathan or fosters group, which to my knowledge doesn't include coopers (?)
that said, if that were the case James Squire and Matilda Bay brews would have to have been listed :p

I voted VB, $10 for three long necks cant go wrong, until I started brewing that is :D

youcanbarely buy Melbourne Bitter in Melbourne anymore. ******* travesty and disgrace.

also agree with the good 'King Brown', Matilda Bay has me frothing at the mouth with the taste of goodness!

4 eggs bitter, yes ...but, never Fourex Gold!! Gold is poison :icon_vomit:

shame it's usually the sponsor's beer at all the "free beer" events I get to ...I'll drink it then, of course ...when in Rome and all that... :icon_cheers:

No Emu Export, when we lived in WA I had too work hard too beat the the savage effects of the "RED CAN" it took months and months of practice , was a relief too return too QLD and xxxx...HaHaHa..

Might have too get pistol too send me a couple of cans ;) ..

cheers

Draught, a good one to have whilst at a barbie at a mates place and playing backyeard cricket.

or the local pub if they dont have anything decent on tap

Sometimes it just dosen't matter ;)

So long as its cold or sometimes free :p

knew there had to be at least 1 other melb drinker!

Cans are awesome! It's usually just bad beer that comes in them.

- The beer has no exposure to light
- Durable and nearly un-breakable.
- Easy to dispose of or recycle, compact

I think it would be pretty cool to see a Strong Belgian, or APA in a can.... any real beer :)

I don't think they're nice to drink from, but I rarely drink from bottles, either.

Back