What Is A Cube?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reviled

Reaction score
At risk of sounding stupid, I thought id ask what a cube is? I see a few of you guys use one?

So whats the deal? ;)

Off topic, sorry :icon_offtopic:

Borg (Star Trek) Cube, Borg Cube
Sorry Guys :blink: just in one of those moods.

Taking 150 Germans from WYD bush for three days, I will need a some humour to cope, ;) Don't want to lose any to "drop bears' etc. :p

People use a cube - or No Chill Cube - as a method of cooling their wort down post boiling. Here - http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...;showarticle=56 - is a lovely article on the care and use of a cube. Should answer your question.

TB

Cheers buddy

So its more of an AG thing really? Seeing as im only doing partial boils at the mo, and not to mention its close to freezing here at the mo, so dont have to worry about my wort cooling down...

Dont forget the wheel snakes Bindi :lol:

You really have to watch out for them.

Off topic, sorry :icon_offtopic:

Taking 150 Germans from WYD bush for three days, I will need a some humour to cope, ;) Don't want to lose any to "drop bears' etc. :p

They'll be busy watching for drop bears and wheel snakes :lol:

schlag herein das holz Bindi!

They'll be busy watching for drop bears and wheel snakes :lol:

and listening for laughing monkeys in the trees :ph34r:

Oh ..... and on a serious note, I use a cube to transfer the beer into after its been in the fermenter for a week. It spends at least a week in the cube before it ends up in the keg

Latest posts

Back