What happened to flight Malaysian Airlines MH370?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With regard to the phones, as they would most likely be roaming thru different networks, when you call the number the phones original service providor will start searching for the phone, whilstit is doing this the network will give you a ring/dial/call wait tone while it searches the networks for the handset. This can sometimes take up to a minute and gives you the false impression that the handset is ringing. The type and style of tone heard in your handpeice is dependant on the configuration of the network switches.

13 or so years ago I was sailing around the Whitsundays with a few people for a week.

One very windy day the Captain's mobile phone was missing, and he suspected that it fell into the water. We rang the phone to see if it was still on deck somewhere, it rang a few times and then cut out. On subsequent calls it went straight to voicemail. It was nowhere to be found and must have been in the sea.

What I'm trying to say is that mobiles don't necessarily die when they hit water, they need to be activated by either using the phone or an incoming call so current is flowing and shorting it out.
That's why when you drop your phone into the pool you should get it out straight away and, before pressing any buttons or activating the touch screen, remove the battery. Once dried survival chances are quite high.

EDIT: Or Stu's explanation above.

Dave70 said:
Not sure how believing Jews control the world, 9/11 was an inside job and generally being a fuckwit has helped us at an evolutionary level, but it seems we're stuck with it.

Couldn't agree more. Do have some thoughts about how such conspiracy theories start though.

Personally, I think the Jews controlling the world thing is really nothing more than racism at it's finest, hiding behind religion and fueled by movies like "The Passion of the Christ".

I think the 9/11 inside job thing was likely started by terrorists and accepted as truth by honest, respectful, peace loving Muslims that couldn't comprehend how people of their own faith could carry out such an act of hate and violence against so many innocent people.

From there, these things spread like a virus and are believed by gullible, impressionable young people that spend too much time on the internet and don't know how to think for themselves...

And because he wrote it, it must be true.

I've even seen conspiracy theories around Jews been responsible for 9/11 (or more concisely, "The Jews" because they all work together).

This flight never existed. Its an excuse for the USA to declare war on North Korea and go in, kill every MOFO and take their newly discovered oil reserves.
Stolen passports - pfft - that's just to put the terrorist spin on it, which will get the 'God bless America' loonies / rednecks and racists on side.

zappa said:
And because he wrote it, it must be true.

I've even seen conspiracy theories around Jews been responsible for 9/11 (or more concisely, "The Jews" because they all work together).
And because its a sworn affidavit, in the USA it becomes a lawfull document ( in some states & courts ) unless its contested.

He made it as part of a supposed lawsuit against the US government on grounds that 911 was faked...

The mind boggles....

My boss gets perfectn telstra reception out at sea, calling me at 330am to let me know his cracking a beer and the fish are biting, this around 30mile out.

Yeh its not in the middle of the ocean, but its close i suppose.

I think a giant blue beetle took control of the plane. It's happened before........

img563.jpg

Channel 7 have a 1 hour news special about the missing flight right now. Apparently Boeings engine GPS data shows the engines ran for four hours after they lost radar contact.

Truman said:
Channel 7 have a 1 hour news special about the missing flight right now. Apparently Boeings engine GPS data shows the engines ran for four hours after they lost radar contact.
Yeh seen a bit of that, and caught the end of them saying a high likelihood of the passengers being held hostage on some island.

Huh???

If they ran for 4 hrs then another airport radar should have picked it up

That programme's just started here and I'm waiting for them to open up a poll for viewers to vote on the likely scenario. It's what I'd expect from them.

The bossanova could be to blame as well.

Latest posts

Back