What Do We Make Of This - 'crown Ambassador'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything with galaxy hop should be yum. But the pricetag and the brewery involved makes me nervous :ph34r:

Had read that even the head brewer who made it doesn't possess a bottle of the stuff. That also makes me nervous. Maybe he thinks the price is a little too much for him also!

Would love to hear from anyone who's tried it though.

Hopper.

It's a stupid publicity stunt and the sort of thing which would make a good gift in the corporate world. Apparently it uses the Crown Lager yeast. How reassuring! :rolleyes:

If I want to blow this kind of money on beer, I'd be doing it on something which actually went somewhere towards resembling value for money Beers from Mikkellar, Rogue, Boon, Cantillon, Rochefort and others are all available in Australia these days, and would be significantly better.

+1 for the publicity stunt.

$70 a bottle and a limited run for what quite a few international micro's are consistantly knocking out. I don't think so. Supposedly a bottle from this year and last years run were sent to the queen, again, publicity stunt (eveyone knows she drinks Fosters Lager cans!!).

Cheers SJ

For 70 bucks, you do get an impressive box and a pretty bottle.
I bought one last week, as it was the first I have come across.
I won't be opening it for a little while, but will post when I do.

The mojo of the beer is a bit weak due to the maker, but I would hate to miss out on a beer experience.

It is too dear, but if you want you collection to have all the beers in it you need to get one, don't you?

I doubt it would even compare to say a Murrays anniversary (1,2 or 3) but try getting your hands on those too.

They say enjoy in moderation, at this price you won't have a choice!!

I put down "Discoloop's Reserve Lager" this weekend. It's a strictly limited edition 23L batch. The plan, down the track, is to bottle it in special "Commemorative 740ml PET". When she's all carbed up anyone is more than welcome to buy a bottle off me. Only $70.00. :p

I put down "Discoloop's Reserve Lager" this weekend. It's a strictly limited edition 23L batch. The plan, down the track, is to bottle it in special "Commemorative 740ml PET". When she's all carbed up anyone is more than welcome to buy a bottle off me. Only $70.00. :p
Very interested.
What kit, and how much sugar did you use, DL? :icon_cheers:

It wasn't a kit but I did use half a kilo of white table sugar and I stand by my decision. :ph34r:

The price is still $70 :p

Only if the can is lovingly opened with only the best $2 can opener from the Reject Shop, the goop carefully poured after bathed in hot water in the finest kitchen sink. Using the best tap water the plumbing can supply, straight from nature through the council's best outsourced water treatment plant, generously dry hopped with the best looking flavourless hop tablets from Big W and topped with the nicest looking bread yeast in the supermarket aisle.

Wait, are you sure $70 is enough to cover the costs of such an endeavour? You'd be best wholesaleing at $90. :p

[edit]Bah! you just beat me to it. Scrap the can then. :p

Back