What Brewing Software? What Platform?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem with Brewmate is its not Mac compatible
Q: Will BrewMate run on a Mac or Linux?
A: Possibly under MONO, though we haven't done any real world testing yet. If you try it out please report back!

Does this help??

Q: Will BrewMate run on a Mac or Linux?
A: Possibly under MONO, though we haven't done any real world testing yet. If you try it out please report back!

Does this help??

that's what i was thinking too (from the F.A.Q pages of website) hence why i mentioned it might be an option in an earlier thread.

Even if it's not, can't you run any program on a mac using a Virtual Windows application?

I know **** all about macs, other than i'd like one, but a friend of mine had one a year or so ago and had some virtual windows thing installed, where it makes your IOS act like a Microsoft OS allowing you to install and operate programs for windows, on an apple product...

Could be talking out my arse though....

EDIT:
Just checked on google.
Yep. Type things like: apple virtual windows into google and have a look at all the search results. You could pretty much run any program this way i reckon. BS, Brewmate, ProMash, BeerTools Pro etc....

Now i REALLY want a mac.

Would brewmate work on the iPad If I had it on the pc and then accessed via remote access with team viewer or something similar or do you think it would be too fidly?
Cheers Robbo

Im a drum teacher.

i dont know.

Would brewmate work on the iPad If I had it on the pc and then accessed via remote access with team viewer or something similar or do you think it would be too fidly?
Cheers Robbo

I think if your going to use a tablet you would be better off using a native program. I would just love to see one accessible across pc (wether it be Mac or windows) & mobile platform with a sync feature like Dropbox or something.
My op was about what a beginner like me should use. I think I might dig out an old laptop and start with the brewmate software. After all it's free. As I start to know what the f@#k I'm doing I'll venture out from there.
Cheers Ad.

I know **** all about macs, other than i'd like one, but a friend of mine had one a year or so ago and had some virtual windows thing installed, where it makes your IOS act like a Microsoft OS allowing you to install and operate programs for windows, on an apple product...

Could be talking out my arse though....

You can either use Parallels which allows you to run MS Windows in a window, or Bootcamp which allows you to reboot your Mac OS and boot into Windows.

Bootcamp is free with Mac OS, Parallels is about $70 and with either option you still have to buy a copy of Windows too. (Unless you have a friend who works in IT :ph34r: )

I use BeerAlchemy on both Mac and iPad. Good in the fact that you can sync between both, bad in the way it doesn't like to import recipe files from other programs (like Beer Smith 2). Very frustrating when you import a recipe only to find BeerAlchemy doesn't think you need to add any hops! Admittedly, this doesn't happen to all recipes, very random. If Beer Smith had an iPad app, I would probably go that way as I like the program for mac, just can't keep it all together at the moment.

Latest posts

Back