What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Career highlight?

Swordfishtrombones
Raindogs
Bone machine
Black rider
Alice
Heartattackandvine

There's a man that just has a career. And a ******* good one. The only guest on letterman where I've actuallly seen leeterman shut the **** up and let the man speak
Pretty much one for every decade of the man's career.

Gotta say, though, I rate Frank's Wild Years higher than Swordfishtrombones

Have listened to The Mark of Cains' new single Barkhammer, which they released the other day, a bunch of times over the last few days.

Awesome track. A 10 year wait and they haven't disappointed one bit.

Can. not. wait. for the album and associated tour

B)

haven't seen the interview, will check it out

He's actually been a regular-ish guest over the years. He's an interviewer's dream if the interviwer can bring themselves to shut the **** up - somtheing letterman has trouble with EXCEPT where Tom is concerned.

Anyway there's a few Waits interviews with letterman and some live perfomances to go with them. Also don lane and waits is pretty funny (early drunk years).

btw there cover of behind blue eyes is pretty good

:icon_vomit: :icon_vomit:

Dude, it's an insult to the originators.

Note to you: Listen the The Who. The whole back catalog.

wes borland man that is all.

btw there cover of behind blue eyes is pretty good

Best cover ever would have to be Johnn Cash covering Nine inch nails hurt

So well done that everyone thinks his version is the original.

Wife is currently listening to this from the drive soundtrack. Listen to it twice and it's stuck in your head.

Last edited by a moderator:
limp bizkit

Not much love for the bizkit, eh?

There's a funny bit from the Tool book Unleashed taken from an interview with Keenan.

AA presumably being the interviewer.

AA: I was reading something that Fred Durst said

MJK: Why would you do that?

AA: (laughing) He said, Tool is probably the best band on the planet. Theres something wrong with those guys-theyre too good.

MJK: Sounds like something a fuckin stoned kid at a fuckin monster truck rally would say. Lets talk about somebody else.

AA: Theres more

MJK: Its like getting an endorsement from the woman who serves jello in the fuckin high school food line. It doesnt mean anything. Just cause she won the lottery doesnt mean you have to listen to what she says.

AA: He also said, They know something the rest of the world doesnt know.

MJK: Thats not true, either. We dont know anything that cant be learned. If we had some secret wed certainly be fuckin millionaires by now-and were not.

The most entertaining thing about them was the guitarist trying to look like a rhesus monkey.
Creepy stuff..

Have listened to The Mark of Cains' new single Barkhammer, which they released the other day, a bunch of times over the last few days.

Cool news!

Everything Tool learned was through the teachings of DMT

Limp Bizkit on the other hand were too busy inhaling whipped cream bulbs and drinking alcopops.

Brith Gof/Test Dept: Gododdin

The land of the Gododdin (the Votadini of the Romans) lay around, and to the south of, Edinburgh in Scotland. Sometime towards the end of the sixth-century AD, a small warrior-band mounted one last, suicidal attack from that region against the Anglo-Saxons who were already consolidating their occupation of much of present-day England, in the period of upheaval, contest and reorientation that followed the collapse of the Roman world. Fuelled by heavy drinking, three hundred met one hundred thousand in battle near Catterick in North Yorkshire. Inevitably they were slaughtered almost to a man

PBS 106.7 Thurs arvo is FANG IT!

Ruari plays anything from The Rolling Stones to The Beastie Boys. I got my Hendrix request in & played so i'm happy.

NIN covering Joy Division any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Got some time on this one today, friggin sweet!!!Also downloaded The Black Keys - El Camino, good to go!!

Bob Dylan

drank my own beer, eating my own pizza.
Can the world please go to sleep!

Band: Howl
Album: Full of hell

Punishing blend of all riffy goodness (erring on the doom side of things I guess, still the spectre(s) of early celtic frost and Iommi-esque riffs haunt all these newer bands).

Punishing blend of all riffy goodness (erring on the doom side of things I guess, still the spectre(s) of early celtic frost and Iommi-esque riffs haunt all these newer bands).

Could be worse I guess. Imagine being haunted by the ghost of Bon Jovi and Warrant.

Been listening to Sodom out Motorheading Motorhead, Celtic Frost, Venom and Witchfinder General while out IPAing Mountain Goat's Rare Breed IPA with my own IPA. Got a 5 hour Krampusmas pudding boil ahead of me, so it'll only degenerate from here.

Listening to a massive stoner/doom/folk/early black metal CDR thing lecterfan was kind enough to burn for me.

Previously goatsnake, celtic frost and now moonsorrow. Some of the moonsorrw stuff I've heard has been a bit synth driven, lord of the rings nerdy stuff - this is more in line with my predeliction for finntroll and bits of korpiklaani. Actually very finntrollesque - Suden Uni.

Back