What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes you just gotta go back to basics to reset your mind...

Who's Best
&
Nevermind :beerbang:

Warren -

Saw Massive Attack just over a week ago. Still have these beats and loops spinning in my head. The LED videowall blew me away. Very clever production with the melding of media and lighting combined and pristine audio. One of the best gigs I have seen which is a comment I don't dish out lightly.
Great 40th b'day pressie :)

I've gotta say the new stuff is much better than I'd have expected - all things considered. How did it come across live?

No disrespect to the band intended of course (I'm not an idiot). Just saying that they did seem to have lost their way a bit of late.

Trying hard to get into Heligoland, there's some great songs on there... but WHAT THE F##K is up with track 6, Flat of The Blade?
Sounds like a deeply-stoned whale singing. By far the worst track I've probably ever heard... won't even call it a song. I wonder if I can speed it up...

I dunno, I don't mind it. Seems like an attempt to bring an IDM edge into triphop. Not entirely successful and maybe overly long but certainly of some interest and pretty far from being the worst song I've ever heard.

Have you heard any of their last album? Or the one before that?

Makes me want to cut my ******* ears off. How can it be that this is the same guy that wrote Pinkerton?

Don't ask me why (because I don't know) but I dug out Custard's Wisenheimer.

It has actually stood up rather well, all things considered.

Don't ask me why (because I don't know) but I dug out Custard's Wisenheimer.

It has actually stood up rather well, all things considered.
Hmm, I might have to dig it out again when I get home. Haven't listened to it for a while.

Hot Snakes - Audit In Progress

Man, I miss this band.

Have you heard any of their last album? Or the one before that?
Makes me want to cut my ******* ears off. How can it be that this is the same guy that wrote Pinkerton?

I dont mind the singles that have been released on raditiude. I think its kinda like Make Believe, it sort of grows on you.

For the Red Album, pork and beans.... :blink: Although i do like Troublemaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all

the mountain goats
paul dempsey
ani difranco
xavier rudd
mumford and sons
amanda palmer
antony and the johnsons
chairlift
augie march
the dresden dolls
eels
fleet foxes
glen campbell
grizzly bear
jefff buckley
the holdsteady
joan as policewoman
damien rice
john vanderslice
modest mouse
the shins
white stripes
the strokes
sleepy jackson

sorry to dribble and hate to say there is more, but thats whats on high rotation in my head at the moment

cheers
matt

Trying hard to get into Heligoland, there's some great songs on there... but WHAT THE F##K is up with track 6, Flat of The Blade?
Sounds like a deeply-stoned whale singing. By far the worst track I've probably ever heard... won't even call it a song. I wonder if I can speed it up...

The first couple of times I heard it I got that too. Now that I have a better grasp in the lyrics this track almost brings me to tears. The lyrics are awesome ! (I love Guy Garvey's vocals in Elbow too).
Take a few more listens bloke. Take the story from the perspective from someone who is stuck in their situation.

Just listening to Living Color's 2009 release "The Chair in the Doorway"
They are still as good as ever :super: .

Stream of passion - the flame within.

Prefer Embrace the storm with Anthony Lucassen's influence, but this is still pretty good.

Hot Snakes - Audit In Progress

Man, I miss this band.

I just popped this in the CD player after reading this. I don't think I've heard them in over a year..... The intro to Retrofit is massive.
On the downside I can't find my copy of Suicide Invoice and have no idea which asshole I loaned it to.

Did you see them when they came out?

Pretty bloody good.

Latest posts

Back