What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laurie ******* Anderson.

ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

**** Kool Keith off and this would be pretty amazing.

Ha! You can't **** Kool Keith off... he is Black Elvis.

You could get a critical beatdown for saying that. Wash your mouth out with android turtle electric mouthwash boy.

Old Kool Keith is cool. It is elderly Kool Keith who can **** off.

Saw these last night at becks music box in perth ...........

Last edited by a moderator:
the makeup. Live.

so awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soundwave was great this year, Adelaide was much bigger then last year and unfortunately the main stage is getting out of control and the extra people made it more like the BDO and it was almost impossible to get up the front for Faith No More at the end of the day but they did sound amazing, Mike called us all a bunch of dirty skips, I am not sure what a skip is but I gather a kangroo reference. They really did sound amazing though, one strange one was they played easy but didn't play war pigs.

Seen clutch as for some reason they were on the real metal stage, great band, never heard them before but they were very old school rock, think deep purple with hints of zz top and judas priest. Classic rock stuff and really fun.

After that it was on with Messuggah ripping soundwave a new one, the metal stage this year was under cover and gave it more of a real gig feel rather then a festival sounding thing. I thought it was strange at first the real metal acts being packed of in the corner under a tent but it ended up being awesome. I think Messuggah sounded even better then they did last year at there own gig, truelly awesome gig.
After Messuggah Anthrax hit the stage with John Bush up front and they were awesome, both those bands were big highlights along with Trivium that followed.
Trivium cop some shit from some old metal fans as they do what in someways has been done before by the big four and they have a big younger crowd following but I have seen them twice now and think they are a really great band and awesome live.

Also saw arcitechs on a smaller stage and they were great, they seem to have quite a lot of the so called hard core crowd fans and my god they make you laugh with there unusual way of moshing, running around punching and kicking the air stupidly in circle pits, really funny to watch in some ways.

All in all it was a great day, so good in fact I happily drunk cans of TEDS at $7.50 a pop all day.
Very well run event, I hope next year they put more bands like Anthrax and Messuggah on to make it worth while for us old bastards.

Audiovent - The Energy

distortion radio is great for whipping out the old favourites. :beerbang:

Last night spent 1 and 3/4 hrs listening to Pavement at the Thebby.
It's been 11 years since they played in Adelaide and 11 years since they quit and they haven't lost anything.
Played songs from Slanted and Enchanted, Crooked Rain,Crooked Rain, Wowee Zowee, Brighten the Corners and Terror Twilight.
Absolutely brilliant gig, I love these guys. :super:

Now I have to warm up for Dinosaur Jr on Saturday night :icon_drunk: .

C&B
TDA

I'm seeing Pavement on Friday. Not as stoked as I thought I'd be to be honest.

Probably just jaded over the amount of reformations in the last few years. I'd feel a bit less cynical about the whole thing if one of them would put out some new material. Just one.

Jesus, what year is it? I am having flannelbacks. It is a flashback involving flannel.

Pavement last night. I kinda wish I'd been able to see them either earlier in the reformation or maybe to wards the end. They were far too comfortable with the material last night. Played like millionaires. No edge whatsoever. Good set still, only omission was Grave Architecture. Choice of support was offensive.

nice guys - art ensemble of chicago - free jazz circus interpretation of reggae

missa caput (anonymous) - gothic voices - 15th century english polyphony

radiohead - amnesiac - i still think this is their best album and i still cant figure out the time signature for pyramid song

bach well tempered clavier book 1 played by Robert Levin - a workout for the brain

Rage.

Some awful shit that sounds like Daft Punk but in the early 80s.

[NB: Daft Punk are awesome]

My wife went to see the Pixies last night. They were selling CD's of the show after the show (not before oddly enough) which I just listened to. A pretty good good concept (even if the MC5/DKT3 did it a few years earlier) that left me happy that I didn't shell out the $ for a band I only have a passing interest in.

saw grinspoon last night.
they put on a kick arse show.
best concert ive been to in a while

Back