What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back to Bendigo after going to The Wolfe Tones at the Forum in Melbourne. Brilliant

New Sade single.

There is a new Sade single.

Rage.

Stevie Wonder - Superstition (live)

Pretty rad.

Rage.

Stevie Wonder - Superstition (live)

Pretty rad.

that's the one with the mad '70's groovers going sick on the dancefloor right?

it's VERY rad

Smashing Pumpkins - Adore

Back in the day when they got a bit depressed.

The birth of power metal!

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part 1

Last edited by a moderator:
By power do you mean hair?

Well, they have the hair for the "hair *" genre, but I think that's about where it ends. Then again, what metal band from the 80s didnt have back-combed mullets?

Power metal to me is strong, clean vocals (I would almost turn for Michael Kiske :wub:), complex guitar work and fantasy/mythological/heroic lyrical themes.

That's my viewpoint anyway, call it what you want! The music is still awesome.

Dusted off Pangea - Freibentos after they came up a few weeks ago on a mate's brewing tunes. Still sounds as good as it did 13 years ago when Pauline Hanson rose to official idiocy.

ED: I just read that it was three years after that, when Hanson was a household-name idiot.

Finally got my hands on a copy of an album I've been chasing for nearly 4 years, Latest will and Testament by Poison Idea. Worth the wait it's punk rock at its best. Wasn't expecting a long album (I think it weighed in at 28 min) but the first time I've seen this:
PI.jpg
RIP Pig Champion, the world is a worse place for loosing your morbidly obese ass.
PIG.jpg

Went and saw Clutch last night at the Factory in Marrickville, Sydney. Shit run venue but as always a good show. Little slow to start I thought but as Neil said, the boys were majorly hung and really ramped up as the night went on. The boys that supported them, The Fumes, were awsome. I had heard about them previously but had not seen them and they put on a great show.

Good night was had by all, anyone else go?

Blue monday - New order

Followed by:

Bertha, Grateful Dead

Sly and the family stone (live at woodstock), Higher (15.29 mins).....

do yourself a favour!

Animal Collective - Whatever this disasterous new Animal Collective shit is called.

**** you for making them big in the first place, internet!

Just listened to the new Finntroll album (Nifelvind)... they're really starting to come into some form! The first half is pretty heavy/dark and the second half is much more folky, overall it's got a kinda "evil, haunted circus" feel about it.

N.A.S.A. ft Tom Waits and Kool Keith - Spacious Thoughts

**** Kool Keith off and this would be pretty amazing. Waits' parts are ******* tops. Anyone know if the rest of the record is alright?

That album makes me feel very white, & there are more than a few moments of meh.. but over all it's a great album.

Rage.

Patrick Wolf deliberately programmed Divine. There is no room for irony in music appreciation.

None.

Back