What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this thread (and others posting their "top 100's" on FB - always results in me finding something new to enjoy).

This afternoon:

Infected Mushroom - Legend of the Black Shawarma
Big Brother and the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

And the worm turns...

Rage.

Queers of the Stone Age - Feelgood Hit of the Summer

The 15 year olds must really be pissing their parents off playing this one.

The thing I really like about Nathan Hollywood is that he's never broken outside of Sydney.

David Lee Roth, Skyscraper. Next up is some Steve Vai

Been hooked on looking for free mixtapes lately.
While looking for something else, I found thread called Mixtape Mondays on www.killahbeez.com. First thing I found was Boner Jams vols 1-3.
Bloody awesome. Cranked it up at the work Chrissy party last week and it went off.

Man, I haven't heard that for ages.
I watched a bit of Rage from about 1.00 or so, was half decent.

I was talking to my wife about elvis costello and I said "you know, the guy who sings 'veronica'" and I proceeded to try and sing it but couldn't remember any words other than...."Veronica...do you suppose...da da....mmm ....mm la...laaa....yeah yeah......."

She said "do you even know what you're talking about, let alone the words to the song"?

I said "yeah, he's the guy who sings 'watching the detectives'".

She thinks I don't know what I'm talking about.

Anyhoo, I was listening to the Smiths debut self titled and Doves "lost souls" tonight.

Yeah, reminiscing

Bowie

Clutch's latest "Starnge Cousins from the West".

Meh so far, a few stand out tracks but altogether not their best I don't think. However, other albums of theirs haven't hit me for a while, months even, then you put it on one day and go "Whoa", so hopefully that happens

I was talking to my wife about elvis costello and I said "you know, the guy who sings 'veronica'" and I proceeded to try and sing it but couldn't remember any words other than...."Veronica...do you suppose...da da....mmm ....mm la...laaa....yeah yeah......."

She said "do you even know what you're talking about, let alone the words to the song"?

I did something similar because my GF was travelling with a colleague of that name when that post went down. I tried to sing some of it, but quickly resorted to youtube as soon as she was back. I then proceeded to sing, whistle and hum it for the remainder of my weekend.

What better way to celebrate the pagan festival but 'We Wish You A Metal Christmas and a Headbanging New Year'.

:super:

I annoyed the shit out of everyone last year with the Twisted Sister album - A Twisted Xmas........

Silent Night sung/growled by Chuck Billy of Testament gets the blood pumping.

Now to wait and ambush the local carol singers..... :lol:

anyway you all know iam a led zepplin freak.
but i can't pick a best zep tune its impossible.

-I reckon Bron y aur stomp cant be beaten with a stick!

but i think my vote for all time greatest tune goes to the stones for sympathy for the devil.

-Agreed (tomorrow probably not! :D )

iam also a big jimi fan but couldn't pick a favourite there.

-too many to list!

as far as modern music goes no one will ever beat Alice in Chains.

-Lane is a god!

Whats that saying? Something about thinking alike? Oh yeah, GREAT MINDS hehe!
Keep on rockin dude! :super:
Rob

Clutch's latest "Starnge Cousins from the West".

Meh so far, a few stand out tracks but altogether not their best I don't think. However, other albums of theirs haven't hit me for a while, months even, then you put it on one day and go "Whoa", so hopefully that happens

I scored "Strange Cousins" this morning. And yea, while it's not breaking any new ground for Clutch, I still love that vintage rock groove. Stuff that has the kids screamin WTF- REAL INSTRUMENTS! SOOOOO OLD.

"Motherless Child" is great. "50,000 Unstoppable Wattts" is fuckin' ace. Anthrax, Ham Radio & Liqor. What a great lyric (when heard against the music, and in context). Thought it mentioned Radium, but google search seems corrective.

"From Beale Street to Oblivion" is pretty much the same groove though. From that, "Power Player" & "Opossum Minister" rock my world.

Clutch are a pretty good rock band on stage too. Saw their last two shows. And they are coming out again for Soundwave in 2010, with their own show at the Gaelic Club.

Raison d'etre: the stains of the embodied sacrifice (new album from a dark ambient stalwart).

Gave Beehive and the Barracudas featuring The Insects a spin today.

Good times.

Secret Chiefs 3 - Xaphan. Pretty eclectic mix of Heavy prog rock and world music from Ex-MR Bungle guitarist Trey Spruance.

Back