What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bad Boogaloo: The Nu Yorican Sounds 1966-1970, excellent
although not quite as good
The Rough Guide to Boogaloo by Various Artists

+ Becks new Album-Modern Guilt, sort of grows on you

Well, my favourite playlist consists of Supertramp, Jethro Tull and Dire Straits. I can listen to that all day.

I do have a different playlist for when I am in a quieter mood which is mostly John Denver with some Harry Chapin, Don Maclean, a bit of James Taylor and a few other easy listening type things.

Sometimes I get into a Country and Western mood and get into Lee Kernaghan, Chad Morgan, Slim Dusty, Colin Buchanan and Graeme Connors but that isn't very often.

Then when I am in a really chill and kick back mood I listen to jazz and swing, Glen Millier, Benny Goodman, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and so forth.

I like a lot of folk and world music too, quite into Irish Folk music and Australian Colonial folk music.
Got a bit of a thing for stuff like the Beatles, the Shadows, and sometimes I like listening to Weird Al Yankovic for a while but I get tired of it quickly.
Been listening to the Corrs a bit lately.

And I know that my taste in music is unconventional, and I have been told that it is uncool countless times but I don't care!

Have to wait until Saturday until I can get to a CD shop and grab the new Metallica album 'Death Magnetic'. From all accounts a return to their older style sound :super:

The review at Rolling Stone sounds promising :beerbang:

apparently the cd version duff has been masterd all wrong, is way too loud and tinny and clips alot where as the "other" version is fine.

Haha that is hilarious.

"Don't download our music in proper quality, buy our shitty-quality retail CD."

Newton Faulkner & Ash Grunwald B) B)

I have seen Ash Grunwald live a few times now. Always puts on a great show.

I am currently listening to Donavon Frankenreiter, Custom Kings and Mia Dyson

Kabooby :)

Parachutes - ColdPlay
Not quite sure were I have being for the last eight years but I missed them completely.

apparently the cd version duff has been masterd all wrong, is way too loud and tinny and clips alot where as the "other" version is fine.

Oh yeah.... :rolleyes: Times like this where I only think of the CD shop instead of my iThing makes me feel old.

Anyway, all downloaded.

What am I listening to??

Metallica - Death Magnetic :party: :beerbang:

Off to a very good start with the first tune :super:

Ehhhhhhhhh I had a listen to it, sounded like I'd heard it all before. Haven't listened to it since.

I have playing at the moment; Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera.

After their last few efforts, it's a welcome return to some great riffs and solos.

Yep, Death Magnetic is pretty kick a$$. Escape the Fate is still heavily rotating too.
Mitch :)

Thank God for Rick Reuben :super:

I think Death Magnetic is flocking awesome :beerbang:

Hetfield's speed is still unreal all through the album. Bring on the tour :super:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees well, I'm now starting my pre-cricket season warmup with a thorough listening of the entire 12th man collection.

Back