What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing at the moment... seeing as my f###ing Toshiba Gigabeat S30 just formatted itself again. This is the 5th time in a year!
Luckily I have it all backed up at home & some at work, but this is just absolute bullshit.

Toshiba customer service are useless, and blame Windows software, who have no idea, and aren't in a hurry to fix the problem.
And I heard Ipod customer service were supposed to be bad, one reason I went for the gigabeat.

Rant finished for now. I still like the player... when it's not bloody empty.

Parkway Drive - Killing with a smile

Will be warming up for BDO soon with some RATM :super:

Don't you just love the twang of a full on steel pedal guitar !

Pedal steel guitar gives me cascading waves of nausea and induces me to vomit uncontrollably.

Don't you just love the twang of a full on steel pedal guitar !

Pedal steel guitar gives me cascading waves of nausea and induces me to vomit uncontrollably.

Okay, I'll fess up, I wouldn't know a steel pedal guitar froma pedal steel guitar.

But I do go to the "Great Southern Blues & Roots" at Narooma and I'm off to the Illawarra Folk Festival next week.

They all love old fat blokes with money !!!!

Five Horse Johnson - Sasquatch sound like country bands
Alabama Thunderpussy - well, thrash country !!

When I was 18 / 19 I saw AC/DC, The Angels (twice), Cold Chisel, Rose Tattoo, JoJo Zep & the Falcons .. all in the same month. Live music was fantastic in 1979.

Cheers boys ! :icon_cheers:

I find this thread wierd.... there is more music around then beer.... without hearing the music this thread seems pointless to me!

I find this thread wierd.... there is more music around then beer.... without hearing the music this thread seems pointless to me!
Not totally pointless. It's reminded me I have to have a listen to Clutch.
Heard good things about em.

Reading about beer instead of drinking it seems pointless. There's no beer talk because it's in the Off Topic section.

Not totally pointless. It's reminded me I have to have a listen to Clutch.
Heard good things about em.
Saw them play in Sydney a few weeks back. Hadn't heard much of their stuff before but they put on a fantastic show, great musicmanship, played an epic rockin set. Couldn't ask for much more.

Oh dear Katie! Here's the deal...

Because you and Lloyd are the most promising brewers I have seen in my limited brewing career, I promise to tell you how sacred this thread is and it's purpose as long as you don't tell anyone that I made you listen to Mozart's, "Magic Flute," Queen of the Night Aria, last time you came around. Even though it is one of the most perfect bits of music anyone can hear, I'd prefer that we kept it secret.

If you do reveal that secret, I will quote my last posts to this thread which included Graeme Bond's, "Farewell Aunty Jack," the Jam's, "That's Entertainment," and all Rodriguez's music from, 'Cold Fact.' As you know, I have a lot more up my sleeve!

Spot ya,
Pat

P.S. Seriously, of all the music I have heard, Mozart's Magic Flute stuns me every time. In Mozart's time, finding a woman who could even sing some of that opera was near impossible. You have to admire music like that. Hold on. You don't! You just have to hear the Queen of the Night once to be gob smacked.

Katie and Lloyd will back me up on the fact that I generally listen to more contemporary music. In fact, they'll back me on anything because every time they visit, my kegs get emptied :rolleyes:

Though I mainly listen to contemporary stuff, I reckon Mozart and Beethoven offer something that has not since been repeated. Permanent triumph maybe?

Spot ya!

BTW, can any of you music IT gurus offer any advice on this thread?

Tonight I have been listening to Oils on Water - the Midnight Oils concert done in Sydney Harbour God know how long ago.

It's a top concert,
Pat

Even the young brewers recognise it and like it - perfect!

Tonight I have been listening to Oils on Water - the Midnight Oils concert done in Sydney Harbour God know how long ago.

It's a top concert,
Pat

If you remember the film clip to the "Beds Are Burning" song - was shot at Papunya, way west of Alice Springs. Was there that day but was asked to stay away from the band as they didn't want a white fella in the clip apart from band. Particularly when they found out I was an auditor !! Got to say G'day to the band though.

Graeme Bond's, "Farewell Aunty Jack "

PP - if you remeber the old Aunty Jack show, there was a film clip of a giant fist being raised with the "cast" of the show singing the "Wollongong The Brave" song. Brilliant. Yup, I was there too - though very much a young tacker. I think half of Wollongong was there too. Got to talk to Rory & Graeme in a break while they were waiting for a camera to be set up - they were real nice. Been a big fan ever since.

Kate .. so young, so beautiful, so naive :rolleyes: The music is inside us all !!

Half your luck Godzilla! Just the concept of a giant fist is exciting without the lads riding on top. Although the show is way before my time, my mum used to rave about it and talk in the Aunty Jack voice...bought her a copy when it came out on DVD and been hooked ever since. Talk about an acid flashback! There's nothing like it now :(

I saw this bloke play a few weeks ago. He was pretty good considering how pissed he was
Reduced 58%

420 x 560 (27.88K)

PS. for our interstaters, that was Jayse at DrGonzo's after a long day :)

It's a top concert,
Pat

I saw it on a 13cm black and white telly with live JJJ simulcast as a teenager. I copied it the other day too Pat and it still knocks my socks off !

Jamming at Australia Day BBQ at DrGonzo's. (my keg was emptied first :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Brant Bjork. Ex member Kyuss, De-Con, Fatso Jetson, very early Queens and Fu Manchu. Now doing his own thing with a couple of mates and it's just flat out cool as f#@*!!!

Brant Bjork and The Operators - Self Titled

Brant Bjork and the Bros - Somera Sol

Music for smoking/drinking to

Latest posts

Back