What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today it's 1 Vardos- Wild side of the village and 2 Jamal- Raks We Bas [Middle Eastern drummer genius] Let's say I am into "World Music" no boring 4/4, 2/4 etc twelve bar trunaround rubbish for me. <_<
Off soapbox flame suite on :p . I am a drummer and didge player so what would I know :D , Oh I also play[ed] trumpet [gave it up for drums].

Bizarre said:
Jayse you might like to know you have converted me (sort of!!) - after always seeing you saying how great Black Label are my Mrs found a couple of mp3's on one of those share programs (which I wont mention). I had a listen, loved it - hehe - and went out n bought "Stronger Than Death" - it was the only one I could find - but its a pretty good cd!! :beerbang:
[post="128262"][/post]​

Wicked, file sharing does have several merits, like in the instance you would not have brought it if you had not been able to get a sample of it first and thought this is cool i'am gunna buy it.
That album is one of my faves, its the second album.
JB hifi is the place to go for everything music i bet you have one somewhere in perth, they are awesome for stocking alsorts of stuff on the shelves.
I'am a little to drunk to post anything coherent right now really so will possibly came back later with some black label ranting as of have plenty of raving about zakk in me. :super:

I could talk about Zakk all nite long.
Jayse

jayse said:
Wicked, file sharing does have several merits, like in the instance you would not have brought it if you had not been able to get a sample of it first and thought this is cool i'am gunna buy it.
That album is one of my faves, its the second album.
JB hifi is the place to go for everything music i bet you have one somewhere in perth, they are awesome for stocking alsorts of stuff on the shelves.
I'am a little to drunk to post anything coherent right now really so will possibly came back later with some black label ranting as of have plenty of raving about zakk in me. :super:

I could talk about Zakk all nite long.
Jayse
[post="128360"][/post]​

Hey thats cool - I'm just starting to get drunk - lol! It was JB I got it at - didnt see the point with the other Bilge Purveyors - sorry record stores- near me. I am a great believer in supporting the artist - so I had 2 buy it really! Bloody good music :)

Well after 5 days solid of 10000 days/ TOOL I'm totally sold on this latest evolution.It's more rock than ever b4(in a prog rock way).

Nu psychedelia is my tag.Owes much to early pink floyd with a distinctly 90's feel.
Unmistakably Tool.Even the quieter/slower songs are powerful with ambience without being soft(per se).

The last track is pure heaven/hell(trippy).
Track one has a classic rock riff in it that made me go YEAH.....

Excellent post Brauluver!

A very cool explanation of the album!

I'm still hooked on 10,000 Days and Rosetta Stone

"Fetch me the spirit, the son and the father
Tell them there pillar of Faith is ascending
It's time now, my time now
Give me my, give me my Wings!"

:beerbang: :party: :super:

Yeah 10000 days ,the song is in the top 5 of all time epic song faves for me.
Alongside "When the musics over" The Doors
"3 Days" Janes Addiction.
"Desperate cry" Sepultura.

I'll have to do a bit of shuffling to finalise it from here.

I've been giving the new Tool album a thrash too for the last 3 weeks.
The first two tracks Vicarious and Jambi are the only too that REALLY have me hooked though.

Doc

The first two tracks Vicarious and Jambi are the only too that REALLY have me hooked though.

Doc

Yeah thats understandable.They are probably the most radio friendly and easily digestible(formula wise) for the average punter.The whole album is an Aural journey that deserves an uninterrupted listen on head phones in a darkened room.

Doc

Yeah thats understandable.They are probably the most radio friendly and easily digestible(formula wise) for the average punter.The whole album is an Aural journey that deserves an uninterrupted listen on head phones in a darkened room.

Maybe that is where I've gone wrong. Listening to it on my iPod on the bus.
Will crank it up tomorrow while brewing, on the Home Theatre system and get the subwoofer cranking.

Doc

Maynard is a tool :lol:

Just teasing, whats the deal with perfect circle? did he name that band after his....woops better not finish that line :beerbang:

Alcohol fueled brewtality.
Jayse

I bought it last weekend and couldn't believe it when I heard Vicarious. I'm with Sam, Rosetta Stoned is simply :super:

Yes, 10000 days on high rotation here too - well as much as possible with an 8 week old kid in a two beddy unit.
Biggest disappointment of the year - Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers. These guys really need to get back on the drugs, they are rapidly slipping into mediocrity. Out of 28 songs I reckon there's maybe half a dozen (being generous) decent ones.

EDGUY, Hellfire club.

man this is the ultimate metal cock rock gear for the new age.

heaps of modern riffs with an old school metal(iron maiden) style vocal/content.

Thanks to a work mate i've discovered a new band to explore.

google em up and have a look. :super:

new eskimo joe album and coldplay after seeing them live last nite :)

On rotation at the moment:

Mothers Milk - RHCP (need some good perspective from that bloody Stadium album)
10,000 Days - my first Tool album - very good
Absolution - Muse - how good are these guys?
She Will Have Her Way - Finn Bros - I'm a kiwi.
...and Justice for All - I'm training for a 1/2 marathon, this album is a pain-barrier breaker
Vulture Street - Powderfinger - see above, one of their best
Alex Lloyd - Alex Lloyd - one of Ozzies best composers / songwriters IMHO
Grace, Jeff Buckly - it's never far away from being played
Urban Hymns - The Verve, really solid album

and more... F*&^#ing love music!

I'm after a copy of the Black Sabbath tribute album, released somewhere in the mid-90's - but can't rememer the name? Looking at the lists of what people are listening to, it can't be far away!

Gretchen goes to Nebraska is my fave Jazman :)

Currently listening to Acker Bilk :blink: (Editing for Theatrical Production)

Kings X
Skunkhour
Jeff Buckley
Massive Attack
All of U2
Chris Cornell
Chilli Peppers -Blood Sugar :super:
Eskimo Joe
Groove Armada
Ben Harper

Loved Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime, Megadeth RIP, Anthrax Persistance of Time, Coroner, Malmsteen
Grew up on the Oils, and still love'em.

Snipped>

I'm after a copy of the Black Sabbath tribute album, released somewhere in the mid-90's - but can't rememer the name? Looking at the lists of what people are listening to, it can't be far away!

Theres quite a few tribute to sab albums but the one your talking about would be 'Nativity in Black' absolutely freaking unreal album. :super:

Alcohol fueled brewtality
Jayse

Snipped>

Theres quite a few tribute to sab albums but the one your talking about would be 'Nativity in Black' absolutely freaking unreal album. :super:

Alcohol fueled brewtality
Jayse

Yeah, that's it. From memory Faith No More did War Pigs live, and 'someone' forgot the words to one of the verses?

Cheers Mike

Back