What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds interesting, I'd like to hear some of your recordings some time.
My wife and I met this Alaskan guy in a hostel in Cambodia who made instrumental soundscape from conversation recordings. His theory being that a guitar is so close to a human voice in frequency response, why not try and interchange the two.

Damn said:
Code:
[yt]Gn09Xn9JF5s[/yt]
mate, get the whole url of the youtube video, and put it between tags like this:
Code:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn09Xn9JF5s[/media]

Mostly blues for me. And this guy is the pinnacle of the next generation blues guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn09Xn9JF5s

Anyone care to name some decent lesser known prog bands?

I'm in need of some new listening material and know there's a few of you who share a similar taste in music..

There's always /r/progrockmusic

Most of it's a little too 'twangly' for my tastes, as we've discussed before, but if you dig hard enough, you'll find the occasional gem.

Also, new Ayreon album just released. Why do you need anything else?

Not For Horses said:
That sounds interesting, I'd like to hear some of your recordings some time.
You're welcome to but keep in mind that I have previously sent two other forum members material. One had no response, the other was keen to rewrite the diagnostic manual on Psychiatric Disorders after listening.

Breaking Benjamin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Liam_snorkel said:
unique band from Brisbane. they're awesome live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vyw_FGIhAE
Not really my thing musically but great video.

WarmBeer said:
There's always /r/progrockmusic

Most of it's a little too 'twangly' for my tastes, as we've discussed before, but if you dig hard enough, you'll find the occasional gem.

Also, new Ayreon album just released. Why do you need anything else?
I actually have been told to listen to that by a couple of mates now. You have made it to the top of the pecking order good sir.

Liam_snorkel said:
Zebulon Pike. Great dirty guitar tone and no vocals. Win win.
I've just been having a listen to some of their stuff. Real good indeed. Almost reminds me of an orange goblin mixed with tool, although there are many other influences running through their music. They were just the two bands that jumped at me (in terms of their riffs). I enjoy myself a bit of instrumental prog indeed..

As a side note, I can't beleive I was working out in remote SA when devin townsend was touring... fml.

I guess at least arj barker came to visit the town whilst I was there..

I got a car with no MP3 capacity, so I am going through CDs in order of convenient availability from boxes still packed from my last house move.

I have been pumping Helmet - Betty and f***ing loving it. The guitar is like a sexy engine roar.

Never was a massive helmet fan but my experience of their stuff is probably close to 15-20 years ago.

Seeing Melvins live next month with the GW ninja and his bro and Helmet are supporting so will try and re-assess.

The thing I liked about them at the time is that everyone else had some kind of gimmick, and they seemed like just a bunch of dudes. I guess I might be a sucker for the non-gimmick marketing angle.

Sounds like a thoroughly awesome night.

Meantime was their best, IMHO - Unsung was a favorite of mine for a while.
That gig sounds great, mants. At least for the helmet bit!

Agree Bizer, they just seemed like a bunch of guys belting out their stuff. No gimmicked angle. Always had some respect for that, & wondered why they never made it large. Maybe that's why, sadly.

Back