What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
I've been listening to orchestral works of Wagner - very loudly - all afternoon and have decided to follow my true revealed desire to invade Poland,
Been listening to a bit of this.
Feel free to use my country as a parking lot for your tanks.

http://youtu.be/32SkxLCZz_o

the new Truckfighters album. It sounds exactly like every other Truckfighters album, which is good if you enjoy that one riff.

Liam_snorkel said:
the new Truckfighters album. It sounds exactly like every other Truckfighters album, which is good if you enjoy that one riff.
You are walking on thin ice Liam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma4-FuvPTuU
Mark's Keyboard Repair

Sometimes I am glad I have a nice old fashioned stereo.

So. Much. Mid.

Mid.jpg

And just to break it up, I thought I would tell the enthralled audience what I am listening to.

Herbie Hancock - Secrets

And Herbie has a message for Manticle regarding his opinion of jazz (let alone jazz funk):

cover.jpg

Hey I like Jelly Roll Morton.

I just don't like the white college guy who swallowed a saxophone while his mate received drum stick suppositories. Sunday cafe shit I served lunch to for years is equally abhorrent.

Same as I love spk but hate 9 inch nails. Same genre in music media, worlds apart in reality.

Hehe. Reaction.

Chill man, you don't need to justify preference. I'm just rilin'.

I'll just go listen to some underground-as-**** shit I just heard of, like Dave Brubeck or whatever.

New Mick Turner album
It's spaciousness matches the hungover hollowness of my head.

Been listening to a bit of tesseract lately.

Really enjoying altered state as a nice mix of breaking orbit, oceansize and periphery.

sp0rk said:
I'm listening to A Natural Death by Horse The Band
The like button doesn't show my true appreciation for this comment.

<3 HtB. Mechanical Hand and R Borlax used to get an absolute thrashing in a group house I lived in a few (quite a few) years ago.

I can't say I have many friends who would be able to put up with HtB in a group situation, let alone most of the music I listen to. Mechanical hand is such an incredible album..

I'm the only one in our group of friends who 'isn't allowed' to put on any of my music because it's 'boring prog that goes for 20min a song'.

Then when they grab another drink, I strike. Be gone alt-hipster-acoustic-pop and let an album about pizza lighten your sorry souls!

Really hard to go past Chuck Berry, man just owns it. Such a charismatic performer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4h_t3mU7hQ&list=PL101CD778AA285593

Quarry Mountain Dead Rats. Might not be everyones cuppa. If though, you love washboard, mandolin, banjo, upright bass and great song writing, then get it in ya. Aussie roots music at its best.

Back