What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and there opens another hole for me to shovel money into, cheers.

now playing: Samsara blues experiment - long distance trip

verrrry nice. that ones going on the work playlist for sure.

a bit more on the rock tip but Earthless are playing Meredith this year (only relevent for Vics) along with....Turbonegro! Meredith's lineup this year is back to form, all they need is a Dallas Crane 5pm slot followed by The Soundtrack of Our Lives to relive the glory days (or at least mine) :super:

On the guitar band tip - Sonic Flower for the groove and Red Fang and Truckfighters for the heavier moments.

First time on this thread, I like alot of what I see!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dopethrone is destroying all of my shit.

Dopethrone is destroying all of my shit.

Ew. I didn't know some band took that album title as their name. I mean the Electric Wizard record.

ENABLER!!!

A dude is, like, 16 again, apparently.

Angus Stone's Broken Brights.
Half Richard Ashcroft, half Bob Dylan. Not bad.

Puscifer - Conditions of My Parole

Big Tool and A Perfect Circle fan and this was pretty cool, not as heavy but still very cool

Stone sour and the latest Baroness are getting a good run at the moment, and Red Fang, still.

Dopethrone

Unfortunately it was through a sound system with one broken speaker so it was even more distorted than it should have been but made a Scottish Wee heavy over the weekend with this on (collaboration with Vitalstatistix - his music, his brewery, his broken speaker) and thought it was pretty great. I could easily get into some more EW

I think Lecterfan put some on a mix CD he made for me some time ago

Went to something for Kate gig last night and new songs are brilliant. Can't waitf for new album in a month. Also been thrashing you am I. Both great bands

thought it was pretty great. I could easily get into some more EW
Same. Been aware of them for a while but never really got into it for some reason. Sat down last week with that record and the guitar tone LITERALLY melted my face off. I grabbed another of theirs yesterday but it isn't a patch on Dopethrone. Gonna make a very bold statement and declare what is recorded on the album as my favourite guitar sound of all time.

Magnificent interview with Jus Osborne of EW...when asked why they record what is essentially the same album over and again, he responded with a surprisingly Spinozan/Taoist ontological response that (I am paraphrasing obviously) they were chasing 'the one'...the right sound, the right tone, the right songs etc etc. and will continue to repeat it until they feel they get it right.

While I can't sit through an entire EW album anymore (I love most genres, but I don't need 50 minutes of ONE sub-genre, especially stoner/doom...I haven't 'smoked' for welllllll over a decade and a half and I OD'd on the style in my last band) I have a lot of time for these guys.

But they are not Goatsnake.

Bum: I remember (I think in this very thread) you had some less than inspiring things to say about the most recent Baroness. Fugazi they ain't, but check out their Blue album if you get a chance...it puts the most recent into context and also displays what a wonderful audio experience they can be.

I'll check it out - even despite how personally I took their crimes against melody and harmony on Yellow/Green. Cheers.

I've never, ever really liked stoner stuff. I am fairly astounded by how much I've gotten into this record (twelve years later). Someone should tell then they already nailed the sound they're chasing - they were just off their chops at the time and have completely forgotten.

51PTMkPhJVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I finally "got it"

Usually this album gets skipped in favour of the TMV holy trinity, but when this get humming in the middle section, I can see the logical progression (pun intended) from the previous three albums.

Shame they never went on to record anything else, and promptly disappeared forever from the face of the earth...

Back