What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy shit. Has anyone seen the I'll Be Your Mirror line-up?

Holy shit. Has anyone seen the I'll Be Your Mirror line-up?
Have now. I'd take the 25th thanks. My current unachievable-wish-I-could-see-it-but-its-halfway-'round-the-world festival is Fun Fun Fun. The punk/metal stage anyway. When nomeansno, The Dwarves, Municipal Waste and Read Fang are down the bottom in the small letters, thats a quality lineup.

Got sand in your vagina Manticle?

No.

Making a joke about bands like blood duster, their vulgarity in songs like 'drink, fight ****', or their albums like '****' and counteracting it with the recent suggestion that AHB contained too much cuntfucking arseshole swearing for some of the mods' liking.

Jokes are sometimes funny and sometimes not so funny.

How's your vagina?

Now listening to Swans: Mother/Father which has some bad swear words too as you can see yourself from the lyrics that follow

Mother/Father
Hey hey,
Now mother father
Hey hey
Now my bloody mind
Hey hey
Now killer father
Hey hey
Now mother mind
There s a place in space where violence and love collide inside
And solid is wide
And heat is cold

And birth is death
And creation and time are made from destruction
From ******* destruction
******* destruction
******* destruction
******* destruction
Hey hey
Now mother father:
Now ride! now ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take the 25th thanks.
Blame the late hour or the numerous beverages, but I'm not sure what this means. The one I'm talking about is on 16th/17th.

Perhaps you don't mean dates - I am confusion.

Blame the late hour or the numerous beverages, but I'm not sure what this means. The one I'm talking about is on 16th/17th.

Perhaps you don't mean dates - I am confusion.

Blame the early hour and number of beverages on my behalf.....The ATP event in London on the 25th......Sleep, Melvins, Slayer doing Reign in Blood, Yob.

Ah, yeah that's pretty great too.

But then again ATP usually don't bother with anything terribly ordinary.

Ah, yeah that's pretty great too.

But then again ATP usually don't bother with anything terribly ordinary.

Just heard Swans and Eisturzende Neubauten are among the confirmed bands for ATP, melbourne in 2013.

As annoying as their fans can be, I reckon gy!be would be pretty amazing to see too.

I don't know much about their fans but I agree.

Trying to save money at the moment though so I may be waiting for sideshows for the first two I mentioned. Venue choice seems odd.

Did you go to Buller in 2009 Bum?

As a non festival guy, I can tell you with a straight face that it was the best festival ever.

Currently listening to lustmord: heresy

Long version ^

Some affiliation - worjking with a bunch of other people to put on a couple of events in Melbourne. This guy makes fucked up dark ambient music but also works as a hollywood sound composer and designer. Credits include Basketball diaries, ghost in the machine, the crow, pitch black and strange days among many others.

He's also collaborated with SPK, Jarboe (swans), melvins and members of tool and isis.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.messandnoise.com/releases/2000080

Nathan Hollywood: gravedigger's lullaby.

Unfortunately no youtubey type thing exists that i can link to to give an idea of the sound so maybe the above review will give an indication. Beautiful, harmoniuc, deep, dark and twisted. Could easily be a soundtrack to a goo film based on a Cormac McCarthy novel (although the best one of those used no music whatsoever).

Outer Dark would be spot on.

No.

Making a joke about bands like blood duster, their vulgarity in songs like 'drink, fight ****', or their albums like '****' and counteracting it with the recent suggestion that AHB contained too much cuntfucking arseshole swearing for some of the mods' liking.

Jokes are sometimes funny and sometimes not so funny.

Haha. Yeah I know it's called **** mate, hence my referance to the Vag.

Hate-core compilation, various artists.

With the overwhelming bombardment of international goodwill and joy generated by the Olympics, my xenophobia's becoming compromised.

*Did you know there's actually a genre of music known as sad-core? True..*

Is it just the people who used to make 'emo' before 'emo' was misappropriated?

Done a full flip of the coin after listening to trash metal all weekend...

Now listening to The Rza and in particular this album
img.png

Done a full flip of the coin after listening to trash metal all weekend...

Now listening to The Rza and in particular this album
img.png

Was similarly listening to Maximum the Hormone over the weekend after having a chat with a mate who hadn't seen deathnote before.

Incredible band - but definitely not everyone's cup-o-tea

Back