What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You prog-pig !

How tool-ish is some of the King Crimson back catalogue ?! (pre-Belew tho)
totally. I'm pretty sure Tool are mad crimson fans. actually I think they got KC to open for them in the states for one of the Lateralus tours.
Have you heard this?

maynard singing 21st century schizoid man, with fripp on guitar

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember the press at the time, the members of Tool were quite uncomfortable with the concept of KC being their support band. They were humbled by the circumstances.

There are other connections to the (original) band of black sunshine. Justin Chancellor was, prior to Tool, in an English band called Peach - and they performed KC's "catfood" as their third track.

On the same album (Giving Birth to a Stone), there's the tack "You Lied", of which Tool covered on their boxd rare release of Salival which also happens to have a brilliant cover of LedZep's "No Quarter", a true psych rock classic.

Yes, I'm a little slow on the uptake at times, but:

Opeth - Blackwater Park​

I have a new love in my life :super: Thanks to the guys in this thread for leading me out of the forest of musical ignorance

The Pogues - The Sick Bed of Cchulann

:)

Got to see them in London a few years back now, complete with Shane Magowan back on lead vocals. Couldn't understand a word he said in between songs but gee they were brilliant!

Listening to System of a Down - Toxicity (the whole Album is classic)

On the same album (Giving Birth to a Stone), there's the tack "You Lied", of which Tool covered on their boxd rare release of Salival which also happens to have a brilliant cover of LedZep's "No Quarter", a true psych rock classic.

The cover by Tool is great, and the No Quarter cover.. Love that to. . I almost cried when they played "You Lied" early this year at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

:)

Got to see them in London a few years back now, complete with Shane Magowan back on lead vocals. Couldn't understand a word he said in between songs but gee they were brilliant!

Work with a guy who reckons the best gig and the worst gig (separate) he's ever seen were both by the Pogues.

One they were in fine form, the second, Shane was so pissed he couldn't stand and they had a fill in/back up lead singer.

In their prime I reckon they'd be ******* amazing.

I have Rammstein-Sehnsucht playing whilst I stand at the kitchen sink drinking a Timothy Taylor Landlord and scrubbing 60 bloody bottles......

Today's brew day so I'm in the brewhouse with Apathy and a little bit of dubstep thrown in.

Work with a guy who reckons the best gig and the worst gig (separate) he's ever seen were both by the Pogues.

One they were in fine form, the second, Shane was so pissed he couldn't stand and they had a fill in/back up lead singer.

In their prime I reckon they'd be ******* amazing.

I've heard the same thing. Seeing them at an Irish music festival (or Irish related anyway) in London was amazing. He must have been just pissed enough though because as I said, once he started singing it was brilliant.

Dokken: tooth and nail. Young enough to ferociously defend the old school haha...acid wash jeans and boofy hair supreme.

:super: was listening to Dokken last night (Under Lock And key), todays brew day music is Ugly Kid Joe ATM. Might have to bust out some older school stuff now you've got me in the mood for it

47384_mastodon_the_hunter.jpg

Gah! Sounds like a Qotsa album :icon_vomit:

I'm going back to Blood Mountain

Try Bison BC's new album if you want more aggression from a non-metal post-rock type band. I like it.

Can't stop listening to ND's "Time waits for no slave".

Still got some Dokken on rotation - mostly to annoy and confound my girlfriend with awesome 80's lyrics hahaha.

New Machine Head is a hell of a let down after the Blackening for me also.

Back