Weyermann Pilsner - Level Of Modification

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a clear brew and are using the Boh pils definatley do a protein rest. The other two are fine single infusion.

Hockers

Hockers, not on the 2007 specs. As I posted earlier, look to your mash parameters.

Wes

Dough in @ 55 15 minutes
Mash @64 degrees for 60 min
Strike out at 72

PH 5.6-5.8 (Adjust all brew liqour)

Sounds good to me.

Look for some threads/pages from last year in the ag forum.
If I get time I'll dig 'em up for you all.
Matti

Matti, no need for the protein rest at all, just get the pH right

Sounds like Weyermann wheat is the way to go - i'll have to get some! I'm going to get some Premium Pils as well, i think the main differences are that the premium is more modified and has a lighter colour?

Hockers, not on the 2007 specs. As I posted earlier, look to your mash parameters.

Wes

I understand what your saying wes but I went through a 25kg bag of the of Boh pils and the best results I got was with a rest I think at 55degc (I would have to check) and it produced a clear beer and the body etc didn't suffer. The two brews I did both single infusion ended up hazy. I've got better control of ph now and 4kg left of the boh pils so I might give single infusion another go to test your theory.

hockers

Latest posts

Back