Westgate Stout Extravaganza July 4th 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you assumed what i did. haha scroll to the left on the tabs. :icon_cheers:

Well done to Siborg! Great work on the 3rd place mate! Who needs babysteps? :beerbang:
Not too bad for a coopers kit!

Absolutely stoked on placing in this comp. I wasn't expecting to even place, I just wanted to get a score and some useful feedback.

Gotta put in a word for Beerbelly as well as we brewed together. Long deliberations as to what to put in it.

Not too bad for a coopers kit!

Absolutely stoked on placing in this comp. I wasn't expecting to even place, I just wanted to get a score and some useful feedback.

Gotta put in a word for Beerbelly as well as we brewed together. Long deliberations as to what to put in it.
Share the love, man, share the love. How did you "magic" up your tin o goop?

All your stouts are belong to Worthogs ;)

Biggups Lukas, smashed em. :kooi:

Share the love, man, share the love. How did you "magic" up your tin o goop?
About 7 types of roasted malt and some pacific gem, a lenghty conditioning period, and some over horny irish ale.

^ I tried the above about a month or so ago. May have rounded out with the extra time as the one I had was kind of rough and rustic but that was an element I really enjoyed. The roughness was in balance if that makes sense. Really gave it some balls which is certainly not out of place in a stout (only metaphorically speaking - never tried a rocky mountain oyster stout).

Good work guys.

About 7 types of roasted malt and some pacific gem, a lenghty conditioning period, and some over horny irish ale.

Don't forget that the condition was 60 IBU , 1.060 gravity as well as the tin of goo . Do you reckon it will pull off a place in the club comp ?

Beerbelly

Hey cm ;
when do the results come out as I believe we got a third for our can of goo stout

Cheers
Beerbelly
I judged porters so I can help u blokes out with info. Wait to get the judging notes. Also compare the total scores for some info on how it rated against other entries

Cheers Fents,but a big thanks goes to Laurie and Dave for brainstorming that kick arse recipe.And yes it is the same batch that picked up 1st at VicBrew 2009,3 years old now just hitting it strapsme thinks

Back