West Coast Brewers: Iron Brewer 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you dont get many extract brewers im happy to go up against you AG lot ... after having cracked my rum oak porter today im pretty satisfied that what im throwing outta the fermenters these days will give you lads a good run ;)

Who knows - i have everything for my lauter tun now, i jsut need to upgrade my pot .. maybe ill try an AG anyways if i get my act together in time.

ill be coming to the next meeting and will be also signing up my membership then :)

if you dont get many extract brewers im happy to go up against you AG lot ... after having cracked my rum oak porter today im pretty satisfied that what im throwing outta the fermenters these days will give you lads a good run ;)
Who knows - i have everything for my lauter tun now, i jsut need to upgrade my pot .. maybe ill try an AG anyways if i get my act together in time.
ill be coming to the next meeting and will be also signing up my membership then :)

I will have a better idea in the next few days of how many extract brewers via a club email rsvp, still happy to provide extract to bulk up the rest of the volume. Do you use DME or LME? or probably we will be perverse and supply a certain kit that you will need to work with :p

One of these days I'll quit working monday nights.

All fellow West Coast Brewers members, please check you emails tonight and RSVP your interest in the Iron Brewer 2007 Comp so that we can finalize ingredients purchases.

On thing I forgot to mention is that the packaging and distribution of the ingredient kits will take place at the upcoming meeting on 7:30pm August 13th at the Rivervale community centre, cnr Francisco & Surrey in Rivervale

Cheers

In the spirit of a fair and even comp, Asher should be nobbled to give the rest of us a chance.

:p

Two points.
1 :I think im still a member and i havent recieved an email yet.
2: As a FIFO member i cant always get to the meetings and next week i will be away again so if im eligible how do i get my mix to participate.

PS point 3 can i enter ;)

Cheers
Big D

Two points.
1 :I think im still a member and i havent recieved an email yet.
2: As a FIFO member i cant always get to the meetings and next week i will be away again so if im eligible how do i get my mix to participate.

PS point 3 can i enter ;)

Cheers
Big D

1a Send Asher a PM please BigD he is the treasurer and can look up when your membership was paid, but don't worry if it has expired as its 1/2 price for the remainder of this year at the moment. I'll just take credit for siging you up as a "new" member :p
1b PM me your email address and I will send a copy of the message.
2 If you aren't there on the night then the kits will be available for pickup at the next meeting (Sept) or from my place at least (not too far a drive from Gryphon brewing)
3 Just get 1a&b sorted and no worries

Hey Guys, I'd like to find out a little more about the West Coast Brewers club. Actually i'll be joining next year if, of course I'm welcome. :D

Q1 - is the Iron Brewer 2007 a inhouse comp for mixing up the most sensational AG & Kit brews?
Q2 - could i come along on the night to have a bit of a looksee as to what its all about? (will pay the 1/2 price to join for the remainder of the year if it'll get me thru the door)
Q3 - as a kit brewer (& someone who's wanting to make the transition into AG brewing) could i bring a keg along and get some opinions on my signature beer?

cheers :beer:
RK

No email last night? :unsure:

I'll add a teabag to one bottle for you ;)

Hey Guys, I'd like to find out a little more about the West Coast Brewers club. Actually i'll be joining next year if, of course I'm welcome. :D

Q1 - is the Iron Brewer 2007 a inhouse comp for mixing up the most sensational AG & Kit brews?
Q2 - could i come along on the night to have a bit of a looksee as to what its all about? (will pay the 1/2 price to join for the remainder of the year if it'll get me thru the door)
Q3 - as a kit brewer (& someone who's wanting to make the transition into AG brewing) could i bring a keg along and get some opinions on my signature beer?

cheers :beer:
RK

Q1 Yes it's a comp for club members to challenge their creativity in recipe formulation and brewing skills by giving everyone the same ingredients and then letting them make the best beer they can from a level playing field. Not necessarily to see if AG is better than Kit just having two categories of ingredients available, the beer with the highest score will still be awarded the Iron Brewer trophy/s.

Q2 yes no problems, check out the cheap kegs thread about the current half price membership deal for the rest of the year.

Q3 More than welcome to bring beer to taste, it doesn't matter if its kit or AG if you brewed it then just bring it. Also don't forget your own personal tasting glass or you will be drinking from a plastic cup

Something to keep everyones brains ticking over, the following question has been asked of me.

"One question - Will we know what the ingredients are?"

[Evil Laugh Mode]
Now that would really be a challenge if you had to identify each of the ingredients wouldn't it?
[/Evil Laugh Mode] :ph34r: :ph34r:

You will have to turn up on the night to find out :D

Q1 Yes it's a comp for club members to challenge their creativity in recipe formulation and brewing skills by giving everyone the same ingredients and then letting them make the best beer they can from a level playing field. Not necessarily to see if AG is better than Kit just having two categories of ingredients available, the beer with the highest score will still be awarded the Iron Brewer trophy/s.

Q2 yes no problems, check out the cheap kegs thread about the current half price membership deal for the rest of the year.

Q3 More than welcome to bring beer to taste, it doesn't matter if its kit or AG if you brewed it then just bring it. Also don't forget your own personal tasting glass or you will be drinking from a plastic cup

ausdb
after all the effort, i've just found out i can't make the meeting, however i'm keen to give the K&K a crack. I'm located in Currambine & work in Perth CBD. Please drop me an email to "josh AT kernelpanic DOT kicks-ass DOT org". I also check this forum daily now... its a wonderful place to be.

Ausdb,

Ive just sent you an email, can you add me to the list.
Cheers.

Transparent,
I live up your way, so if you want me to pick up a K&K entry for you, send a PM.

Matt

Matt
have sent PM 2 u. Please collect me a K&K and i'll grab from you early next week and thanks heaps :beer:

TP

Note to All

Be there or be square on Monday night to pick up your entry kit.

An executive decision was made that buckets are off the menu!! so you will a get a nice white sack full of goodies instead.

Also to those who wanted "Supersize" kits in the interests of fairness we will make sure that everyone who wants to enter gets a kit 1st then we will cater for the "Supersizes"

Also to those who wanted "Supersize" kits in the interests of fairness we will make sure that everyone who wants to enter gets a kit 1st then we will cater for the "Supersizes"

If we know the ingredients (and amounts), could we not just purchase the extra ingredients to up-size our batch?

Latest posts

Back