Well The Day Started Well..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Got up early (dark) with the intent of getting home in time to a) start the HLT
B) fill up a gas bottle + c) get sparkey mate to complete all wiring to new improved brewery. d) brew bitter &watch footy.
Mistake one - thought phone was in bag when I'd put it on charge last nite.
Mistake two- rang sparkey without a call back number to fit the last wiring bits in the afternoon.
Mistake three - Coronation Drive traffic heavy in the arvo so went north via Stewarthome and got stuck behind a very slow metal waste truck (20-40kpm max).
Mistake three a) almost got to Ashgrove in heavy slow traffic (still behind fu**kin truck) when gear box had enough and went bang...
no money, no cash card, & @##%$#!%^& no phone. Walked to Ashgrove. Spent a fair time
arguing with staff at westpac before I got some cash (less than I expected). Walked to 3 public phones before one would accept cash. Rang home, no one there. Rang RACQ- hour delay min.
Tow truck eventually gets there at dusk, so there is no point in going to a transmission shop so I tell the guy to go to my nearest garage. Mechs are all gone of course but can look at it on Monday, however I can walk home and get abuse by the wife since It's all my fault. She throws shit around the place and leaves in a huff.
Plus one - mate turns up with my lost Guinness bene and suggestes drinking lotsa beer and watching the Broncos. They win!
Plus two - fit an old (real old) gas bottle to patio burner for heat and it works well
Plus three - get stuck into Belgian beer cause wife's not there to stop us :)

*Moral: if this is what it takes for the broncos to win, sorry but I'm happy with the wooden spoon.
Yours
winkle
bitter, twisted and getting Farkedup.

* statement made under duress - cannot be upheld in a court of law
PS brewday tomorrow Fark IT!!

however I can walk home and get abuse by the wife since It's all my fault. She throws shit around the place and leaves in a huff.
After all you went though Perry, I'm going to take a deep skull of my APA and imagine the way you mastered the turmoil at that moment. The great thing about it was, she left and a mate turned up!

cheers

Browndog

B) fill up a gas bottle + c) get sparkey mate to complete all wiring to new improved brewery. d) brew bitter &watch footy.
Mistake two- rang sparkey without a call back number to fit the last wiring bits in the afternoon.
Mistake three - Coronation Drive traffic heavy in the arvo so went north via Stewarthome and got stuck behind a very slow metal waste truck (20-40kpm max).
Mistake three a) almost got to Ashgrove in heavy slow traffic (still behind fu**kin truck) when gear box had enough and went bang...
no money, no cash card, & @##%$#!%^& no phone. Walked to Ashgrove. Spent a fair time
arguing with staff at westpac before I got some cash (less than I expected). Walked to 3 public phones before one would accept cash. Rang home, no one there. Rang RACQ- hour delay min.
Tow truck eventually gets there at dusk, so there is no point in going to a transmission shop so I tell the guy to go to my nearest garage. Mechs are all gone of course but can look at it on Monday, however I can walk home and get abuse by the wife since It's all my fault. She throws shit around the place and leaves in a huff.
Plus one - mate turns up with my lost Guinness bene and suggestes drinking lotsa beer and watching the Broncos. They win!
Plus two - fit an old (real old) gas bottle to patio burner for heat and it works well

*Moral: if this is what it takes for the broncos to win, sorry but I'm happy with the wooden spoon.
Yours
winkle

All I can do Mate, is sympathize. I'm a Bombers supporter in the AFL, and know of the PAIN of a loss....(the car, not the Broncos....NRL.........WTF?????!!!???:p) As for your other troubles, all I can do is sit back, take in the view from my balcony here in Noosa, across from the river in Paradise, and think of your pain.... Will see you at the case swap mate, with party keg in tow if I get the parts in time... All I can offer at this stage is comisserations, and advance congratulations for an Xmas swap well held..... Hang tough tiger, Hang tough.... :p

Cheers

Nick

Yours
winkle

The only way was up. B)

Warren -

Yours
winkle

There ya go! There's a little John Cleese in every brewer. "OK Plan B". Think we take this kinda shit in our stride cause we know: THERES NO WAY WERE EVER GOING TO RUN OUT OF BEER!

Just imagine the possible achievements of some of the worlds greats had they too had such consolation.

Oh well shit happens.
Today is another day - off to the brewery :)

Not a great day yesterday Perry. Only way is up.

Good luck with the brew today

Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back