Quantcast

Water Filters

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

bluedoors

Reaction score
As i don't brew every week i'm looking for a Water Filtration system that won't go 'bad' (read: carbon growing bacteria) and doesnt' require lots of cleaning if i'm not using it regularly.

I came across B.E.S.T Water Filters http://www.bestwaterfilters.com.au/ which claim they can be left for periods of time. Anyone had any experience with them? Any issue with minute Silver in brew water?

vortex

Reaction score
Don't you just take the filter cartridge out and let it dry after use to prevent mold?

Tex083

Reaction score
I got a RODI unit with booster pump, $400 and pure water comes out the end. I use it more for salt water aquarium but have used it to brew with

esssee

Reaction score
I just got a Brita filter that connects to the tap on the kitchen sink. The family use it, as it reduces the Chlorine taste of our water, and I get to brew with filtered water. Win/Win.

bluedoors

Reaction score
My challenge is the kitchen is nowhere near where i brew, therefore a solution that is household doesn't fit my requirements. Plus I'm notorious for forgetting things like carbon filters out in the sun ;)

At ~$120 i think i'll give this B.E.S.T Filter a shot and see how i go.

mikec

Reaction score
BlueDoors said:
My challenge is the kitchen is nowhere near where i brew, therefore a solution that is household doesn't fit my requirements.
I have a solution for that.

Latest posts