Water Filters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedoors

Reaction score
As i don't brew every week i'm looking for a Water Filtration system that won't go 'bad' (read: carbon growing bacteria) and doesnt' require lots of cleaning if i'm not using it regularly.

I came across B.E.S.T Water Filters http://www.bestwaterfilters.com.au/ which claim they can be left for periods of time. Anyone had any experience with them? Any issue with minute Silver in brew water?

Don't you just take the filter cartridge out and let it dry after use to prevent mold?

I got a RODI unit with booster pump, $400 and pure water comes out the end. I use it more for salt water aquarium but have used it to brew with

I just got a Brita filter that connects to the tap on the kitchen sink. The family use it, as it reduces the Chlorine taste of our water, and I get to brew with filtered water. Win/Win.

My challenge is the kitchen is nowhere near where i brew, therefore a solution that is household doesn't fit my requirements. Plus I'm notorious for forgetting things like carbon filters out in the sun ;)

At ~$120 i think i'll give this B.E.S.T Filter a shot and see how i go.

BlueDoors said:
My challenge is the kitchen is nowhere near where i brew, therefore a solution that is household doesn't fit my requirements.
I have a solution for that.

15l-plastic-packaging-bucket-plastic-container-250x250.jpg

Back