Warm Enough To Brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40 in ipswich yesterday, surely that should be warm enough and I won't need a heat belt... what with the aircon running and a heat belt Julia is sure getting her carbon tax cut!

Ipswichians deserve the heat.

Bundy's going to be among the hottest in the state tomorrow Kev, get that bakers yeast hydrated in an open vegemite jar and make some darn good beer, lucky I'm working in gladstone where it never gets humid enough to grow mould on your nuts.....

Ipswichians deserve the heat.

Bundy's going to be among the hottest in the state tomorrow Kev, get that bakers yeast hydrated in an open vegemite jar and make some darn good beer, lucky I'm working in gladstone where it never gets humid enough to grow mould on your nuts.....

cheers to that, imagine the productivity i can get out of this heat... I am betting on a brew a day!!! It's only my poor hops that are going to suffer out of this, morning and evening showers for them.

C'mon guys, get serious for all the noobs who might be reading this,

your brew should be at 26c, you fuckers need temp control.

I have to agree, get serious guys!

Back ot: If its a lager kev, it should be fine mate.

Seriously, Julia must be making a pretty penny with her new carbon tax!

... apologies, 16C with homemade cheese in the fridge. Gotta love temperature control.

Love this hot weather. If the fermenter gets full sunlight i can knock out a batch every 3 days

seriously ...

I have never closely looked in at the wort ferementing...until this week.
I did one the other day and was it has been sitting at approx 22 dgs ...( low as I could get it - using ice bottles and it did flucuate slighty)
.....and it looked like it was literally simmering ... hard.
I used US05

OG was 1045 . Temp was 22.

just a stock standard beer.

Is this normal?

seriously ...

I did one the other day and was it has been sitting at approx 22 dgs ...( low as I could get it - using ice bottles and it did flucuate slighty)
I used US05

Is this normal?

Quickly put it on the stove and bring it to a hard boil for an hour. Don't worry, the plastic fermentor will be fine.

I feel bad for any new brewers who see this thread

seriously ...
I used US05
Is this normal?

How does the airlock look? :ph34r:

I have a glad wrap lid.

no condensation at all either ...it has calmed down now but for the first 2 days it was really perculating.

how I miss the qld heat :(

16 degrees here. Woollen jumper and long sleeve shirt on. Bloody Ballarat......

It was above 30 a week ago....

Its currently 24c ambient at the moment and theres a kitten trying to crawl into my airlock,,,,

should I put down a lager?

Another great tip that has been passed down for generations is to pour your brew into the bath then jump in and have a wash with it, your body temp is about 37c so should heat it up enough, then you can just scoop it back into the fermenter with a bucket.
Works a treat and you smell awesome just like a pub!

Another great tip that has been passed down for generations is to pour your brew into the bath then jump in and have a wash with it, your body temp is about 37c so should heat it up enough, then you can just scoop it back into the fermenter with a bucket.

I assume that you use a green bucket.

I always warm my beer to (approx) 37c when I filter it - through my kidneys. :)

it was really perculating.

Oh right so it is a coffee stout is it? Did you use instant coffee or ground coffee?
Personally I don't like stout or coffee beers. I tried to consume one of those black giraffe coffee largers and almost puked, it was dreadful.
:ph34r:

Interesting.... snow in Jan???

From BOM....

Issued at 3:27 pm EDT on Tuesday 10 January 2012.

Bush walkers are advised that snow as low as 1000 metres is expected during Tuesday and Wednesday. These hazardous conditions are expected to occur in southern parts of the Western forecast district.
Whats wrong with snow in January?

I like to give the Mrs. a "special rinse" when she gets itchy. I don't need to buy yeast either.

Latest posts

Back