• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted Sodastream Cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pressure_tested

Reaction score
Title says it all. would also pay extra if you have upgraded and no longer need the sodastream adaptor anymore.

You can just buy these from kmart front desk

Get a cheap ie free one from somewhere. Then take it to BigW and exchange it for a new one and pay the refill price.
Ive done it a couple of times now. (some stores wont accept old cylinders, others do)

That is my plan! Finding it less than easy to source the old one though. Also feeling like a real cheapskate but kegs are expensive to start up

Get them at Garage Sales Vinnies ETC I have bought about a Dozen Roughly $2.00 each..Some new some old but exchanged the old ones for new..Paid $5.00 for one Sodastream BUT it came with 4 new cartriges..
Cheers
PJ

yes kegging setup seems exxy, but you'll love it.

but by the time you've spent 30-50 bucks on a sodastream bottle and adaptor, you've committed urself to the 2nd most expensive ongoing CO2 option available to you.

Have you considered to start kegging by doing primed carbing in the keg and using a keg charger to dispense? then when funds permit upgrade to a real bottle or a fire extinguisher?

I have old ones gathering dust. They also have gathered a little rust, I don't know how successful you would be swapping it over.

Pm me if you are in Melbourne. I'm in Thornbury.

Back