Wanted: Pop Up Camper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

Reaction score
G'day all,

Just putting the feelers out, I am looking for a cheap pop up camper, something that is nice and light (so I can tow behind a 4 cyl) and has a small kitchen setup.

I'm after one of the older types where the bed overhangs the ends...like this type (but not as new, due to budget)

popup.jpg

Anyone in Adelaide/S.A would be best ofcourse but I am willing to travel to pick up.

Really looking to only spend $1-2k, as little as possible, and willing to do some minor repairs if needed.

Have been looking at ebay, other onlines, papers etc and just wondering if anyone has one in their backyard/family shed that they dont have a use for anymore but hadn't been bothered to do anything with.

Now back to my beers,

Cheers, Pok

Hmm, $1-2K is a bit of an ask. We got our '87 Jayco Dove and it was considerably more.

Mate I do a shit tonne of camping and I've been keeping an eye out for ages for a camper trailer and anything worth buying is worth more than that. Good luck!

My suggestion would be look out for a cheap light weight 6x4, get a canvas touring tent (pref with the extension and side pole kit - should be able to pick this up for under $400).
Look to getting something like a drifta pull out kitchen with a big W high pressure stove pack for $99. IMO thats the best way your going to come close to that budget.

My camping kit consists of a caribee challenge 4 dome, 80L waeco, jackaroo tarp kit, 2 x foam matteress stacked, high pressure stove, lantern pole, 2 x 2kg gas bottles, 2 x lanterns with mesh (got sick of replacing glass). 2 x CCFL lanterns, DMH aluminium table. Plastic 25L containers are your freind for pantry and "cupboards".

I'm looking out just for a trailer for all my gear a.) to clear out some of the shed space b.) so its ready to go all the time. Admittedly I'm probably after a bit more hardcore trailer than you'd require - Im looking for something with independant coils, treg hitch, 2mtr drawbar, good clearance to tow behind a TD42T powered GU patrol with 3" lift and 33" mickey-t MTZ's

Setting up a tent really doesnt take that long I can single handedly setup our dome in well under 20 minutes and a my mates with centre pole tents can setup well under 10. I'm looking to buy an OZ Tent though to improve our setup/packup times as we do a lot of touring camping and the dome isnt practical for that style of camping. Its lasted well for the 4+ years we've had it and would have well in excess of 150 nights under the stars.

Latest posts

Back